PDA

View Full Version : Rowdy ECW Fans Cause December Pay-Per-View To Change Locations

OMEN
08-09-2006, 08:43 PM
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The 12/3 ECW PPV was originally scheduled to take place at the Hammerstein Ballroom, however, the crowd reactions at the 8/1 TV taping caused WWE management to change their minds. The PPV will likely take place in Chicago now. Its not official, but this move is likely to occur.

There was a lot of unhappiness with the crowd reactions at the 8/1 show, particularly regarding the swearing chants. The WWE production team had to turn the crowd audio really low at certain times because Sci-Fi doesn't want that kind of language on the air. Internally, the feeling is that the fan base was smart enough to know that, but they still did the dirty language chants anyways.

the madscotsman
08-10-2006, 01:30 PM
The Chicago crowd isn't any better. the real ECW had novmber to remember 2000 in Chicago and they still chanted what they wanted. it does not what state or city they go to, the ecw crowd is always the same and god bless them for it.

Will
08-13-2006, 05:37 AM
I loved that show. What could be better than CM Punk and a passionate crowd?

Spawn
08-13-2006, 05:42 AM
I like that the crowed states what they want, Its a good wake up call for Vince.

Will
08-13-2006, 06:33 AM
I like that the crowed states what they want, Its a good wake up call for Vince.
I totally agree. If the fans werent vocal than Vince would always do whatever he wanted,in comparison to doing whatever he wants 90% of the time like he does now. We would have necrophillia, baby punting and a Mcmahon main eventing every show every week if someone didnt oppose vince. The employees sure as hell arent going to stand up to vince, so the fans have to.

F4L
08-13-2006, 08:39 AM
SWEET!!! I live in Chicago, so I'm totally goin!!!!!

THANK YOU VINNIE MAC!!!

and i can tell ya first hand, chi town crowds can get pretty ugly, just watch HHH vs. Cena at WM 22. You hear the chants.