PDA

View Full Version : 'The Pope' Speaks - TNA Future, WWE vs. TNA, Dixie,

John
09-05-2010, 06:10 PM
The Pope D'Angelo Dinero spoke about his schooling, movies, TNA, and more in a recent interview which you can read at http://www.fanhouse.com/ Here are some highlights:

On where he's going to school: Florida State daddy! It's still going on. Pope got six more classes and once I finish that hopefully – if all goes according to plan – just finishing out that whole criminal justice thing, y'all know the background. Just finishing that out and if all goes according to plan man, Pope will be marching in March.

On whether he will become a lawyer: Hold on daddy, you're going in the wrong direction. You're supposed to be saying you can see Pope on the big screen. Even when that happens, Pope will still be a part of this business one way or another. That's where Pope wanna go daddy. Hollywood is the only suitable destination for a Pope of my caliber.

On why he hasn't made a movie yet: You know what daddy? That question is as good as mine but then I look up north (WWE) and I say gee whiz, how come no one of Pope's background if you get my drift, how come ain't none of them done a movie either? Their chance is probably more good or better than mine at this time being that they got a whole production film thing going on. I look at the guys like, that was Cryme Tyme and some of my friends up there, Kofi (Kingston) and I'm like why aren't those guys in movies? My time will come so I'm not worried about that. Pope's time will come. Everything happens in due time but right now, first things first, is Pope's gotta get that gold to have as big of bling around his waist. You're talking about the TNA World Heavyweight Title daddy.

On whether his WWE friends are getting a fair shake: (laughs) In this day and age, if you're up there, shake what ya got. Shake what ya daddy or momma gave ya. They're getting something. I can't speak on their behalf because I don't know what a fair shake to them would be. But Pope can count his blessings and I'll make that known right now that I am happy, I am elated, I am ecstatic to be a part of TNA Wrestling. That's for sure.

On being happy with his position with TNA: Ooh, that's a good question. I will say I couldn't be in a more happier and suited spot than I am in right now. Everything's going well, everything's going to plan. I can say yes, I can say no but then you'd have to attribute some of that to Pope's recent injury. So for me to come back off an injury, you know, three months ago when I went down with that injury and come back and be in the main event spot with (Mr.) Anderson and Kurt (Angle) and Jeff Hardy right now double main-eventing "No Surrender", I can't ask for more.

On whether he was worried about his spot due to the injury: No. That never ever crossed my mind at one time because Pope ... You know, TNA is a place of opportunity. TNA is a place that recognizes talent. They recognize raw talent and they want their talent to shine. That never crossed my mind. What was killing Pope was being stuck up in one place at one time, home at the crib. I mean, you can only play Xbox 360 for so long. When you can only play Madden, you can only watch a movie for so long. I couldn't do anything. Pope couldn't even shower by himself. And trust me, while it was fun getting washed from head to toe everything now and then, it got old after a while as well.

On his tweet that was taken to be a hint at Dixie Carter's surprise: (laughs) Pope had no idea that Dixie had ... I don't know if she had tweeted or Facebook. I just have to drop in every now and then to let me congregation know that hey, I ain't forgot about you. Like I said, I'm in the midst of four different classes so I just dropped a little tweet 'cause I heard some good news for Pope. So I chose to say "that's cool". I don't know man. This place has ... when Pope says this is cool on Twitter, all of a sudden everyone started coming at me like, like an animal!

On Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair being the focus of TNA programming: No daddy. Here's what Pope is gonna say about that. Everybody, everybody can be used and have a spot in the entertainment aspect of any wrestling program. It's not where or who it is, it's how it's being done. And as you mentioned, focal point. Well, I don't think they are the focal point. I mean, I don't see Flair or Hogan headlining No Surrender. I didn't see Flair or Hogan headlining Victory Road. They're no focal points. They're there to add credibility to the product. Their name value obviously is more than some of us younger guys so you have to give them that credit. They're not focal points and I think TNA knows that. Hogan knows that. Hogan has said that. Flair knows that. Flair said that. You know, Flair didn't go out there and put himself over with AJ Styles. Flair went out there every "Impact" and did his absolute honest best to say this guy, AJ Styles is not only the best wrestler in this company but in the world. Flair was being the same Flair that he was with Triple H in the year 2001 and so forth. So, those guys are not focal points.

On whether he or Flair is the better talker: Oh daddy, Pope will eat Ric Flair up! Don't try to pull Pope on the ... Flair is the absolute all-time greatest when it comes to it. But right now, in this day and age, daddy you put Pope and Ric Flair face-to-face with a microphone I guarantee you things are gonna get turned upside down. And that's not no threat to Flair or anybody else, that's just a promise man. You put a mic in my hand and you already know the deal.

DUKE NUKEM
09-05-2010, 07:12 PM
thanks for the post John

Will
09-09-2010, 03:23 AM
That guy may be the stupidest person to ever give an interview. I feel stupider now for having tried to read it.