PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Campbell talks Evil Dead 4 and Bruce vs. Frankenstein

Kemo
09-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Bruce Campbell will forever be associated with Deadite-fighting bonehead/hero Ashley J. Williams from the EVIL DEAD movies, a fact the actor cheerfully embraces.

In a lengthy interview with the LA Times, The Chin talks about the legacy of the movies, his history with director Sam Raimi, the difficulties of both indie horror and studio productions, the multitude of EVIL DEAD DVD releases (he's out promoting the new Blu-Ray), and his shift to television work.

Campbell naturally drops some hints as to a fourth EVIL DEAD movie, but as usual, don't get your hopes up. "None of us have said no," Campbell says. "I think Sam is always tweaking with the idea. He's joked with a couple of concepts. He has threatened to do it multiple times. He'll put a false statement out just to torment people. We joke that when he's got one eye left and I'm in the old actors' home, that's when we'll do it. But we both have day jobs now. The EVIL DEAD movies, you really have to lock up about two years of your life for each EVIL DEAD movie and we don't really have the time right now. Sam says that he will gladly get back on that track, but right now he's on that A-picture train and he's getting a lot more creative freedoms afforded to him with his success. I don't know that he needs to right now. And I'm kinda busy with the No. 1 show on cable [USA's "Burn Notice"]. I don't think about it a lot because I'm busy doing other stuff."

As for BRUCE VS. FRANKENSTEIN, Campbell's intended sequel to MY NAME IS BRUCE, he compares it to THE EXPENDABLES and the classic ensemble comedy/road movie IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD. "I want to get so many horror movie stars that people can't possibly not see the movie," he says. "I want to give them other stuff to do. I want to have Kane Hodder be very particular about what he eats. I want Robert Englund to be a tough guy, like he knows tae kwon do or something. I want to find out the hidden sides of all these people."

Campbell says that there's a script but it "just kind of blows right now", but after some more work he will "Definitely shoot in Oregon all on a stage. It's like the 300 of horror comedies."