PDA

View Full Version : President Obama to campaign for Linda McMahon's Senate race opponent

John
09-05-2010, 08:34 PM
U.S. president Barack Obama is scheduled to campaign for Richard Blumenthal, the Democratic opponent to former WWE CEO Linda McMahon in the U.S. Senate race in Connecticut, later this month at a high-profile fundraising event.

Politico reports that Obama will be campaigning for Blumenthal on Thursday, September 16 in Stamford, Conn. (the city where WWE's offices are located).

Blumenthal's campaign issued a statement on Obama's appearance, while attempting to discredit McMahon's campaign.

"His visit will make a difference for us, energizing our supporters and helping us raise the resources we need against my opponent who is spending an unprecedented $50 million on her campaign," Blumenthal said.

The Republican party backing McMahon issued a counter-statement, claiming that Blumenthal is growing concerned with his shrinking poll lead and needs to call in Obama to help counter McMahon.

As far as where the race stands right now two months away from the general election on November 2, Politico summarized the current landscape:

"McMahon has had a slew of bad headlines involving wrestling deaths recently, although her ability to self-fund - and define her opponent and potentially give herself a firewall through paid media - has long concerned her rivals. ... The math in Connecticut remains tough for McMahon, but the unlimited money issue has been a wild card."

Source - WO.

JohnCenaFan28
09-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Let's hope that helps her opponent lose, just like his campaigning for that other idiot dem caused him to lose.

Kenpachi Zaraki
09-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Obama's a failure I wouldn't be surprised if Linda won

HAR
09-05-2010, 11:16 PM
Good. I hope Linda loses.

Straight Edge CM Punk
09-06-2010, 04:18 AM
If Linda and Vince start buying their way through politics, they will no doubt get in with the Rockefellers, the Bilderberg Society... next time you hear "New World Order" it's not gonna be so funny!

tapout
09-06-2010, 09:40 PM
If Linda and Vince start buying their way through politics, they will no doubt get in with the Rockefellers, the Bilderberg Society... next time you hear "New World Order" it's not gonna be so funny!

LOL somebody lost their tinfoil hat.