PDA

View Full Version : Sean Sherk Talks about Dunham

The Mac
09-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Credit: MMANews.com

Former UFC Lightweight Champion Sean Sherk will be back in action at UFC 119 rising 155lber Evan Dunham and recently talked about his opponent as well as his desire to get back to the top of the lightweight scene in the UFC:

"I want to make a real legitimate run for another lightweight title and I have to be healthy to do that. I feel better now than I have in a real long time."

"I think Evan (Dunham) is tough, he's three dimensional. He's got some striking, some good wrestling and a black belt in jiu-jitsu. He's three dimensional. I think he's going to be a tough opponent; he's not going to lay down for me. He wants the win just as bad as I do."

"Stylistically, it depends on how he wants to fight me. He can press the pace and come at me or he can try to avoid me. ... I have several game plans. You have to have a plan A, plan B and plan C and change it up during the fight."

"I think this fight has the potential to be a good fight, hopefully we'll get some fireworks."

Swinny
09-06-2010, 07:50 PM
This should be a great fight. Evan Dunham is on a tremendous rise and if he can beat Sherk that definitely puts him near the top of the pack. At the same time, if Sherk can win that puts him right back near the top of the pack as well.

The Mac
09-06-2010, 09:06 PM
i wouldnt say top... i would have penn,maynard,florian,gomi,guida,stevenson and if nate stays at 155 him all above sherk

Swinny
09-06-2010, 09:29 PM
i wouldnt say top... i would have penn,maynard,florian,gomi,guida,stevenson and if nate stays at 155 him all above sherk

Okay, not the very top, but top ten, lol. I think Dunham would go even higher than that though, with the wins he's been getting lately.

The Mac
09-06-2010, 09:40 PM
lol