PDA

View Full Version : Bisping Confident As Ever Heading Into Bout With Akiyama

Travicity
09-12-2010, 11:35 PM
British MMA standout Michael "The Count" Bisping has never been known for his humility. If Bisping is fighting on a card you can expect at least some kind of brashness or trash talk coming from his side of the table. "The Count" is currently scheduled to take on Japanese/Korean judoka Yoshihiro Akiyama in the main event of UFC 120 and while he is currently stopping short of outright trash talk, Bisping recently released a video blog in which he confirmed that he is as confident/cocky as ever heading into this bout.

"You can have all the preparation and conditioning and everything in the world, but what sets you apart is your skill level," Bisping asserted. "And I truly believe that in this fight, that my skill set is greater than his. I think I bring more to the table. I think I'm bigger, stronger, faster, better cardio. I think I'm a better technical striker, better wrestler, better jiujitsu. I think the only advantage he has over me, is Judo. But you know... I cancel that out with my wrestling."

Possibly Japan's biggest MMA star, Akiyama is currently 1-1 within the UFC having balanced a split-decision win over Alan Belcher with a last-second submission loss to Chris Leben in a fight he was otherwise winning. Bisping has gone 2-2 in his last four, with wins over Denis Kang and Dan Miller being offset by losses to Dan Henderson and Wanderlei Silva.

The two are set to headline the upcoming UFC 120 event, which is set to take place at the O2 Arena in London, England. The inaugural UK UFC Fan Expo will accompany the event and the fight itself will be broadcast via tape delay on Spike TV. Bisping's countrymen Dan Hardy, John Hathaway and James Wilks will also appear on the main card against Carlos Condit, Mike Pyle and Claude Patrick, respectively.

WI