PDA

View Full Version : Nicole Kidman film 'devastating'

John
09-14-2010, 05:54 PM
The Moulin Rouge actress took to the red carpet at the Toronto International Film Festival with hubby Keith Urban on her arm for the premiere of Rabbit Hole, which sees a couple try to cope with the death of their four-year-old child.

Nicole - who has a two-year-old daughter with Keith - said: "Most films are hard if they're beautifully written and they're dealing with a subject matter that isn't easy, that isn't a comedy - devastating. But at the same time I wanted to do it justice for the people that have been through this."

She added: "I wanted to honour them so I felt if someone can actually go through this, then I can do it as an actress.

"It's not easy to get a film like this made, or get it screened in Toronto, I just feel very grateful and very emotional."

Co-star Aaron Eckhart agreed that filming the movie was intense at times, but he tried to lighten the mood on set.

He said: "At times it was (serious on set), at appropriate times. But at other times, because Nicole really kept a good set, (it was a) very friendly, very quiet set which was good.

"Everybody felt like they could say what they needed to say, joke around. I probably joked around a little bit more that Nicole did, but I felt like that was appropriate, I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't appropriate."

And Nicole returned Aaron's praise, saying: "He's such an inspiration, I loved being able to explore this together. He was right there through the whole thing supporting me and I hope I was supporting him and he felt that."

Source - DigitalSpyNewsOnline.