PDA

View Full Version : WWE Bans Very Popular Drug With Wrestlers

Kellie
09-16-2010, 04:46 AM
After some issues that happened over the weekend, WWE has banned the drug Carisprodol (better known as somas) as part of a new amendment to the Wellness Policy. WWE Superstars can no longer use somas even if they have a prescription from a doctor. There have been a few changes made to the drug policy that have not been added to WWE's website yet.

Somas have been a major party drug in pro wrestling for decades. They're mainly used to relax muscles, but have resulted in several embarrassing incidents with wrestlers passing out in public after taking too many. Wrestler Louie Spicolli died in 1998 after overdosing on somas & wine.

This is likely the most significant change to the Wellness policy since its inception, as it will have the biggest effect on a segment of the WWE roster. It's said to be a VERY popular drug with WWE talents.

EWN

Konan
09-16-2010, 11:42 AM
incredible thanks for the post kel

Travicity
09-16-2010, 08:45 PM
To follow up on our earlier report about the major drug policy change in WWE with the banning of Carisprodol (Somas - muscle relaxer), Dave Meltzer is reporting that Somas may not be the only drug banned by WWE in this new policy change. WWE will more than likely formally announce the changes on their Corporate website.

Kage
09-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Good. More suspension means less guys, and less guys means Cm Punk is more likely to get another title reign. :D

Konan
09-17-2010, 08:21 AM
how a drug to relax muscles are now banned. how in hell are they to relax? Drink till they pass out in pubic. Damn wwe not a good way to help your superstars at all. i guess they're stuck going to get back rubs and what not. the only way i see them relaxing now other then drinking. hell maybe CM punk will teach them how to relax with out drinking or pain meds.

XXKSXX
09-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Keep this up and they will be giving more stars to TNA lol

beckett420
09-20-2010, 03:27 PM
i get somas and i wont take more than one a day its a muscle relaxer think about it what is yr heart a muscle if superstars are eating them like pez than they should be banned