PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie Premieres New Song Online

Travicity
09-21-2010, 11:26 PM
The first new track from Rob Zombie's upcoming special edition of Hillbilly Deluxe 2 is now streaming on ARTISTdirect.com. The song, entitled Everything is Boring, is the first new recording to feature Rob's current live lineup, including the first studio appearance of Joey Jordison on drums. Joey's been part of Rob's touring team for most of 2010, and will perform double stage duty very soon – not only as as Rob's drummer, but also as guitarist for Murderdolls (alongside bandmate Wednesday 13) at a series of “Halloween Hootenanny” shows with shock-rock legend Alice Cooper. Hit the jump to learn more about the new tune, and find out where you can hear it...

http://www.fearnet.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2010820/Rob_Zombie_HD2_Deluxe.jpg

Hellbilly Deluxe 2 Special Edition is slated for release on September 28th, and features Rob's current stage & studio lineup of John 5 on guitar, Piggy D on bass and Joey on skins. The track Everything is Boring is one of three newly-recorded numbers included on the expanded release (the others are titled Michael and Devil's Hole Girls & The Big Revolution). Also packaged with the Special Edition CD is a companion DVD containing the videos for Mars Needs Women, a live version of Alice Cooper's School's Out (featuring Alice himself), and the documentary film Transylvanian Transmissions.

Rob told ARTISTdirect's Rick Florino about the new song on Monday, explaining how it got its name: “It's such a funny phrase,” he commented, “but I often end up saying, 'Jesus Christ, everything is so fucking boring... When I'm flipping TV channels or doing anything, I find myself saying that a lot. I thought, 'Alright, I'll make a song out of it.'”

FN