PDA

View Full Version : 9/24 WWE results in Newark, Del.: Kane vs. Big Show, fan run-in during Punk match,

John
09-25-2010, 07:46 PM
WWE Smackdown brand house show report
September 24, 2010
Newark, Del.
Josh McCann, PWTorch reader

The Bob Carpenter Center is a smaller venue and there were still a decent amount of empty seats, but the crowd was pretty hot for most of the night. I was front row behind where the announcers would normally be.

(1) MVP beat Drew McIntyre. The show started with MVP defeating Drew McIntyre in a singles match. Good back and forth action with a few false finishes. I took some heat from the kids around me for cheering for McIntyre.

After the match Nexus (Gabriel, Slater, and Tarver) came out and beat up MVP while Drew cheered them on from the floor. They cut a promo about how John Cena will join the Nexus and how you are Nexus or against us.

(2) Chavo Guerrero defeated Alberto Del Rio with the frog splash. Del Rio worked the arm for most of the match, but Chavo pulled out the victory. Chavo got a nice face pop from the crowd.

(3) IC champion Dolph Ziggler beat Kofi Kingston and Cody Rhodes in a three-way match to retain the IC Title. The match started with the heels working over Kofi. Eventually, they started fighting each other. The finish was Kofi hitting Cody with Trouble in Paradise, then Dolph coming back in the ring to hit the Zig Zag for the win.

CM Punk was out next cutting a promo on how Delaware needs to be straight edge. Tons of heat for Punk. The funny thing is I didn't see any alcohol for sale at the arena so he should have been praising the area. Chris Masters was out next to face Punk.

(4) C.M. Punk beat Chris Masters. As the match was getting started, a fan jumped the railing right by my seat and made it through the ring and back over the rail before being tackled by local police. During the run-in, Charles Robinson's mouth got busted open. After that wad settled, the match got going. Punk won with the GTS.

(5) Mark Henry defeated Jack Swagger with the World's Strongest Slam.

They pulled some kids from the crowd next to dance with Hornswoggle and Ashley Valence.

[Intermission]

(6) Melina beat Layla with Kelly Kelly as special referee.

(7) Nexus (Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater w/Michael Tarver) defeated the Hart Dynasty (Tyson Kidd & D.H. Smith w/Natalya). Good back and forth match with good action. Tarver spent more time messing with his face mask than he did anything else in this match. The finish came with Tarver hitting a very sloppy punch on DH and Gabriel getting the roll up victory.

Tony Chimel thanked us all for coming and said they would be back soon. The main event was up next.

(8) Big Show beat World Hvt. Champion Kane via DQ; Kane retained the World Title. They brawled back and forth for a while in and out of the ring. I did not get the finish for this one as I had to leave but I can only assume that Kane won or Big Show won via DQ since it was a title match.

Biggest Pops

1. Big Show
2. Kofi
3. Hart Dynasty

Most Heat

1. CM Punk
2. Nexus
3. Kane