PDA

View Full Version : Miguel Torres Talks About Getting His Career Back On Track

Konan
10-03-2010, 04:37 AM
Speaking during the post-fight press conference, Torres said:

“I think I have a lot of work ahead of me. I’m not worried about a title shot right now. I’m just worried about being the best fighter I can be. I still have a long way to go. I showed a little bit of what I’ve worked on, and I’m just happy to be able to get back to training and not get injured and be able to get back out there and do what I love to do.”

“I’ve been working a lot on controlling myself when I get in the cage. A lot of my setbacks in the past – against (Brian) Bowles, and even when I fought (Takeya) Mizugaki and (Yoshiro) Maeda – I chase guys too much. I’m so excited to put on a show for the fans that I hit a guy and I try to go forward – or I get hit, and I get crazy and go forward. It’s a little bit of a bloodlust that I have from growing up in the hood, I guess.”

“One of the main things I’ve tried to control is to be more calm and to wait for the opening to present itself. The whole first round … I wanted to jump on Charlie so bad, but I had to sit back and wait and calculate and just wait for it. I’ve been working on that. I still get the impulse to go after it, but I think now, especially with the way the game is developing … that I have to be smarter when I fight and not be so aggressive. There’s always going to be a time and a place.”

Torres dominated the fight last night against Valencia and will need to put on another great performance in his next fight if he wants to challenge for the WEC Bantamweight championship.

Punisher
10-06-2010, 05:24 AM
He looked incredible in his fight, his stand up was the best Ive seen it. Really the only way I can see him losing is someone getting inside of him, but his reach is so much higher than everyone else thats easier said than done. I think Torres has a chance to get that title back