PDA

View Full Version : 'Biggest Loser' star: 'I've got my life back'

OMEN
10-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Biggest Loser eliminee Tina Elliott has said that appearing on the show gave her her life back, although she admitted that it was a difficult experience.

The 58-year-old from Oregon was voted off the ranch with five straight votes on Tuesday night's episode of the NBC competition after earlier confessing that she was ready to leave.

"Everyone knows the opportunity is awesome; it's a wonderful opportunity to be able to go on The Biggest Loser but I don't think I was quite prepared for the emotional part of it," she told reporters yesterday.

"I missed my family tremendously and the support from them. The vigorous work-out and lack of sleep was truly very hard on me."

The grandmother also offered her advice for other people considering applying for a future season of the show, suggesting that they need to carefully consider the emotional side of being at the ranch.

"I thank them every day that I had this opportunity, even though I did go home early, because I feel like they gave me my life back," she said. "You need to soul search and know that you have to be so strong, not just physically but also emotionally.

"For me, it was better to come home and finish it because of the emotional part and how tired I was not getting rest, which was just really taxing on me."

Elliott - who is down to 199lbs from a starting weight of 263lbs - added that she hasn't thought what she will do with the at-home cash prize if she wins, but suggested she would use some to help with her finances and donate the rest to charity.

The Biggest Loser continues next Tuesday at 8/7c on NBC.

DS