PDA

View Full Version : Update: Danny Boyle Returns to Direct Next '28 Days Later' Sequel!?

Travicity
10-11-2010, 11:09 PM
The boys over at Dread Central are reporting that Danny Boyle is planning on returning to the land of post-apocalyptic zombie horror when he DIRECTS the next 28 Days Later sequel. The director tells a friend of the site that "there's another '28 Days Later' in the works." When asked if the title would be 28 Months Later, Boyle replied "In theory, yes." Immediately the next question was if he'd be producing, to which Boyle responded, "Actually I want to direct it." And while Dread has Boyle stating his intent to direct, writer Alex Garland tells Worst Previews that the project is frozen over rights, adding there is no script at this time. Two conflicting reports from the main guys involved. I wonder what Fox has to say? We'll keep you updated as the story develops. Boyle directed 28 Days Later, the 2002 chiller that began four weeks after a mysterious, incurable virus spreads throughout the UK. Cillian Murphy played one of a handful of survivors trying to find sanctuary.

Dread Central

DA
10-12-2010, 12:16 AM
I liked 28 Weeks Later better, but looking forward to 28 Months Later, I think the outbreak will have reached Spain by then.

Travicity
10-12-2010, 06:14 AM
^Or France and yea I prefer the Sequel :P

DA
10-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Well by the end of 28 Weeks Later it had reached France, 28 Months Later is over 2 years so yeah... or maybe went overseas.

Travicity
10-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Lol yea of course :P Maybe the world :D

DA
10-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Maybe, I think this should be the last though, 28 Years Later would be overkill though...

What happened to the people on the first one though?

Travicity
10-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Well there was 2 endings to the 1st one the man died and 2 women were on there own and all 3 survived but yea what happened to the 2nd ones? Maybe they should wrap it up in the first 5 minutes and a start a complete different story with new people