PDA

View Full Version : ECW News: Francine Update, Batista, ECW House Show

Stunner
08-13-2006, 09:11 PM
partial source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Francine posted the following message on her MySpace page:

Ok, to answer your question...

I have no idea when I will be featured on ECW tv. And I also have no idea who I will be managing. I am happy that I am working every weekend and absolutely love the people in the ECW lockeroom. I appreciate all of your kind words and letters and hope that when I do debut, you will all loudly show your support for the Queen :)

Love you guys/girls! xoxo

Francine

Batista receieved negative feedback from many of his colleagues for how he handled the booing at the 8/1 ECW show. He was told ahead of time by Vince McMahon and Johnny Ace that booing was likely to occur, however, he lost his cool within seconds of walking to the ring and he never seemed to get past it. Also, Batista's appearance was heavily edited during the international broadcast of the show. They edited in footage of fans cheering him on and holding positive signs. Also, all the negative chants were overdubbed with a five-minute long "ECW" chant. And lastly, most of the comments both Joey Styles and Tazz made when they called attention to the crowd's negative reaction were removed. When it was all said and done, the editing made it come off as the most positive reaction to an ECW match since its inception.

If you're wondering why Jerry Lawler made an appearance at a recent ECW show, well, it was due to extremely low ticket sales. The 8/6 ECW show in Jackson, TN had only sold 300 tickets three days before the show. WWE announced that Jerry Lawler would be appearing at the show as a guest judge in a bikini contest between Kelly Kelly and Francine. Also, his appearance was heavily plugged on his Memphis-area TV show. They managed to sell 500 more tickets for the show. Ironically, ECW should be thanking "The King" for bailing them out of a potential embarrassment.

Neo Corey
08-14-2006, 02:00 AM
whats francines myspace page???

Will
08-14-2006, 03:18 AM
whats francines myspace page???

http://www.myspace.com/francinefournier

flamesoffury
08-14-2006, 03:48 AM
not surprised by batista's reaction.. to me he was always hard headed :\