PDA

View Full Version : Jon Jones vs. Ryan Bader Not A Done Deal

Konan
10-17-2010, 02:24 PM
UFC President, Dana Whit revealed today that a Light Heavyweight fight between Jon Jones and Ryan Bader at UFC 126 is not a done deal as of now with Bader being occupied and the UFC possibly looking for a new opponent for Jones.

Speaking at the UFC Fan Expo in London, Dana said:

“I don’t know if Jones is going to fight Bader. We tried to put that fight together, but Bader has some stuff going on. Jon Jones might be fighting somebody else, I don’t know how that’s going to go.”

“Jon Jones is an incredibly talented guy. He’s very young, he’s got some fights ahead of him, plus that’s an incredibly stacked division. He’s going to have to go through a couple of guys before he gets a title shot, but at the rate Jon Jones is going he could be fighting for the title next year.”

The question now is what is Bader occupied with? Bader has said he is planning on getting married before the end of October and will be taking a few weeks off for a honeymoon. With UFC 126 not happening until February 5, is something else going on with Ryan Bader that could be preventing him from fighting on that date, like an injury of some sort?

Kenpachi Zaraki
10-18-2010, 06:14 PM
I thought his name was Vader :shifty:

ITS TIME ITS TIME

The Mac
10-18-2010, 07:15 PM
:lmao: