PDA

View Full Version : Vince Wants SD! Treated as #1 Brand; Details

Kenpachi Zaraki
10-20-2010, 06:18 AM
WrestleZone has exclusively learned that in more than one creative meeting over the past two weeks, WWE Chairman Vince McMahon has informed the writers that he wants Smackdown to be "treated as the number one brand," including opening up the possibility of more trades in order to strengthen the brand.

McMahon feels that a sub-par rating for Smackdown on SyFy would injure WWE's standing with NBC-U, who McMahon is looking to for help in launching the proposed WWE Network. While some on the writing staff are actually trying to come up with scenarios that would include trades or Smackdown getting more exposure (like winning the battle royal tonight on Raw), others on the writing staff have not jumped at this latest "fire alarm" (as a creative team member described it tonight), saying "this is just how Vince reacts to pressure. He says this about all major groups and factions."

WZ

Konan
10-20-2010, 08:45 AM
bravo ! im wid him .

ShanksYYZ
10-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Smackdown is a good show with a lot of talent, in my mind they're very close together in show quality, it's just that RAW has more superstars, so I think more trades would really balance it out

W-OLF
10-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Guess Im going to have to start watching Smackdown more lol .

JohnCenaFan28
10-20-2010, 03:41 PM
They do this just as CM Punk goes to RAW... :no:

Smartmark
10-20-2010, 04:15 PM
I guess that Smackdown will win Bragging Rights this year as well then.

Metalitia
10-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Smackdown is often the better show in terms of matches especially.

What does Vince mean by focussing on making it the number one show? Changing the way it is to more like Raws entertainment and gimmick aspect and it's main draw seeing where they're going with big storylines?

If they'd like to give the impression Smackdown is number 1 or on a par with Raw why do they constantly show the Raw Replays on Superstars and Smackdown itself?