PDA

View Full Version : Leslie Vernon Returns in 'Behind the Mask' Sequel

Travicity
10-21-2010, 09:33 PM
One of the best movies of 2007 that kinda fell flat on it's face (the ending needed way more violence) was Scott Glosserman's high concept horror Behind the Mask: The Rise Of Leslie Vernon, a smart spin on the genre that followed a next gen psycho horror slasher (leslie Vernon) that has given a documentary crew exclusive access to his life as he plans his reign of terror over the sleepy town of Glen Echo, all the while deconstructing the conventions and archetypes of the horror genre for them. Dread Central is reporting some news that's been pretty well known around the community: Behind the Mask co-writer/producer/director Scott Glosserman and co-writer David Stieve are close to finishing the sequel's screenplay and Glosserman's looking to begin shooting next spring. Now the news it out there, hopefully we'll hear of something official soon. I'd like to see more scares and definitely more violence this time around.

Dread Central

Smartmark
10-22-2010, 03:53 AM
Hell yeah!! I've been waiting for a sequel. The first movie revolutionized the Slasher genre!

Thanx for posting Travis!

Swinny
10-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Definitely looking forward to this. I loved the first one, very original and definitely one of the best horror movies of the last ten years.