PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Norrington Exits 'The Crow' Redo

Travicity
10-22-2010, 02:46 AM
Right off the heels of our announcement that Mark Wahlberg was offered the role of Eric Draven in Relativity's remake of The Crow, Mania is reporting that Stephen Norrington has exited the project (yikes!) "I can tell you I'm no longer involved," he told the site adding that an unnamed star had gotten involved with the movie. The star supposedly loved Norrington's vision and wanted to work with him, but then rejected the Norrington/Cave script and asked for a completely new take from a completely new writer. "As I had gotten involved explicitly as a writer-director my exit was inevitable. I was bummed. I had developed a genuinely authentic take that respected the source material while moving beyond it, and Nick Cave came in and added more depth." With this news, it's sounding as if The Crow has returned to the grave.

Mania

Big Evil
10-22-2010, 04:36 PM
I will always prefer Brandon Lee's performance in the original to anything that followed. RIP, he was the one that made the Crow what it was. I hope a remake will not take away from his memory, but I would be interested to see what they can develop.