PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar vs The Undertaker 'Streak vs UFC Title' at Wrestlemania 27?

Travicity
10-24-2010, 08:11 PM
No one seems to have a definitive answer in regards to the post-fight confrontation between The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at last nights UFC 121 PPV in Anaheim, CA. The confrontation was captured during an interview that Ariel Helwani was conducting with Undertaker as Lesnar walked by. UFC President Dana White didn't have an answer for the confrontation either when asked by Helwani as well. Dave Meltzer reported early this morning that while he wasn't aware of any plans, there was heavy discussion within WWE about wanting to book Undertaker vs. Lesnar for Wrestlemania 27 in a "streak vs. UFC title" type match. Of course this would not be possible due to Lesnar's contract with UFC, unless some kind of a rare deal was made. Either way, the confrontation caught many off guard and more questions still remain.

WV

Lol me and SM called this last night :P and it would be pretty cool.

Smartmark
10-24-2010, 08:19 PM
Hell yeah! We called this last night!

******* SPOILER *********

Only problem is that Lesnar does not have the UFC Title anymore, so he would have to capture it back first.

But seriously, WWE and UFC working together? It would be EPIC!!!

Taker taking back his biker gimmick, who I seriously think he should do!

Travicity
10-24-2010, 08:25 PM
No he dosent need to have the title it could sort of by like that. Like a MMA vs Wrestling and Lesnar's a heel for turning on wrestling or something. But it would be cool if White and McMahon worked together and who would win? The fans!!

JohnCenaFan28
10-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Well obviously if Dana White wants to piss of UFC fans he'd allow his most prestigious title to be defended at a pro-wrestling pay-per-view in a scripted match making the title lose its prestige? Right, that's an awful idea. And if they were to do that idea, of course Lesnar would have to retain the title.

Swinny
10-24-2010, 08:49 PM
Yeah, if this happened and Lesnar somehow won back the title, it wouldn't be for the title anyway. There's no way Dana White would allow the title to be defended in a scripted match. But other than that, I could possibly see something like this happening, it would be good for both sides and be able to bring in fans from each sport to the other one.

Travicity
10-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Yup the fans win but say Lesnar left UFC and comes back to WWE but still uses the MMA Gimmick etc and then if he beats Taker it could be a big push for Lesnar but who knows pretty exciting though :D

Big Evil
10-24-2010, 08:53 PM
I don't think this is something setup, it could be, but I don't know. I think it is just as Taker said, it is something personal, obviously stemming from Lesnar's time in the WWE, and clearly he and Brock are not on good terms. Would McMahon try to make something out of this? Possibly. He might throw some feelers out there, see if Dana White would be interested in a cross-promotional match at 'Mania. Brock would be the perfect choice, seeing as how he has a background in pro wrestling. But the issue would be the streak vs Lesnar. Dana would not want his top fighter losing a scripted contest to a pro wrestler, even him being the great Undertaker. He may understand the importance of the streak in wrestling, but UFC is real fighting, in a real contest. I mean that in the physical sense that it is the fighters that determine the outcome. I wouldn't want to put this together because I see no way that both sides will agree to the outcome of the match, we all knowing it would have to be the Undertaker winning. But who knows? Brock might be a wildcard if anything comes to fruition here...

Smartmark
10-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Who said anything about the match being scripted?

Un-scripted matches have happened in WWE before

JohnCenaFan28
10-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Who said anything about the match being scripted?

Un-scripted matches have happened in WWE before

Examples, now.

Swinny
10-24-2010, 10:03 PM
Examples, now.

Lol, yeah, I'm curious to hear these examples as well.

Smartmark
10-24-2010, 10:16 PM
One who burst into my mind is the Sumo Match between Akebono and Big Show at WM 21

Metalitia
10-24-2010, 11:48 PM
They would never let Taker get in the ring with Lesnar in an un scripted match and I doubt if Lesnar would actually compete in pro wrestling again at all.

What message would that send? He already has a number of knockers and critics in UFC despite previously being the champion. As soon as he loses the belt he goes back to pro wrestling? No way.

At most there may be some inter promotional thing with Lesnar at ringside but I think overall this is just something that happened and people are running wild with ideas.

Smartmark
10-25-2010, 12:11 AM
^^ And you burst our boubble!

aoessand
10-25-2010, 04:47 AM
there is no way in hell this will happen dana isnt gonna send his biggest star <atm> to do fake fighting.... only way this happens is if brocks contract with ufc runs out which idk how many more fights he has left on contract, but even then id be surprised if vince could offer the money ufc gives...