PDA

View Full Version : Current TNA Roster in need of cuts?

mikedudelang
10-27-2010, 06:48 PM
I love love love TNA and think it's much more enjoyable to watch than the current WWE product, I also believe they're in need of some fat trimming. Now, all this would change if they were to begin running more house shows and/or had another hour of programming at some other point in the television week. Feel free to throw down some opinions. I welcome some conversation on this topic.

Abyss
A.J. Styles - The Fortune gimmick has taken him to the next level.
Alex Shelley
Amazing Red - Getting the X-Division going again could be another place TNA could gain ground on WWE.
Brian Kendrick - His new gimmick is hilarious.
Brother Devon
Brother Ray
Chris Sabin
D'Angelo Dinero - Maybe the best stick man in TNA.
Desmond Wolfe
Douglas Williams
Eric Young - Lovin' his new crazy gimmick.
Hernandez - They say he's dangerous and that's why he's been farmed out to Mexico. All I know is he's fun to watch.
James Storm - 1/2 of the best tag team in the world.
Jay Lethal
Jeff Hardy - He's a wild card but he's got charisma in buckets.
Jeff Jarrett
Jeremy Buck
Jesse Neal
Kazarian
Kiyoshi
Kurt Angle
Magnus
Matt Morgan - Most athletic big man in the business.
Max Buck
Mick Foley
Mr. Anderson - Charisma for miles.
Okada
Orlando Jordan
Raven
Rhyno
Ric Flair
Robbie E - Awful. Just awful.
Robert Roode - 1/2 of the best tag team in the world.
Rob Terry
Rob Van Dam - The whole f'n' show.
Sabu
Samoa Joe - They need to get him back to that "Joe's gonna kill you" era.
Shannon Moore
Stevie Richards
Sting - Time to say goodbye.
Tommy Dreamer - Behind the scenes, maybe but the ECW guys all need to move on IMO.
Angelina Love
Daffney
Hamada
Lacey Von Erich - Isn't hot enough to not know how to wrestle.
Madison Rayne
Mickie James
Miss Tessmacher - IS hot enough to not know how to wrestle (haha).
Sarita - Great worker.
Tara
Taylor Wilde
Velvet Sky
Winter
Chelsea
Cookie - Her bit was failed the second I saw it.
Eric Bischoff
Gunner
Hulk Hogan
Murphy

mikedudelang
10-27-2010, 07:13 PM
As for guys I would like to see in TNA:

- Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards were former ROH and 2CW Tag Champions and could be nice additions to an already strong division in TNA.
- Chris Hero has been a champion for several U.S. and International promotions and has a pretty hardcore fan base. He can flat out wrestle and has also trained many other Independent wrestlers, potentially opening up a pipeline for TNA to import other young guys.

JohnCenaFan28
10-27-2010, 08:51 PM
They need to dump more than half the roster.

coachthor
10-28-2010, 03:21 AM
Agree with most but Magnus. He is going to be good, he just has a goofy gimmick. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in WWE. Also, Bring back Kong.

mikedudelang
10-29-2010, 05:37 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see Kong back as well. She was really good for the Knockout Division.

And Eel, as for dumping half the roster, I assume you mean getting rid of Hogan & Flair?

Kenpachi Zaraki
10-29-2010, 08:07 AM
okay so there's been a lot of stuff being said about 3 D signing but imo they have basically been signed because of their wrestling school and also because TNA sees those guys as future staff, that's all that s to it. In fact I won't be surprised if they were indeed to stop wrestling after Turning Point and get involved in the backstage stuff.

Next you crossed out Magnus which I absolutely do not agree with. He has the look, is decent in the ring and can really make a push to the next level once these issues are sorted out.

Robbie E.- See Magnus except of course he can wrestle better

Cookie- She's (I've heard) one helluva wrestler so she needs to stay as well

Sting and Nash are gone

Gunner (who I believe is Phil Shatter) must stay. The guy is a great worker has a great look I've seen some of him in the NWA: Anarchy and he can breakout as well.

Taylor, Winter and Lacey have to stay

People I think need to go: The entire ECW crap they all sucked, ECW sucked, they are all shit.
Samoa Joe: Yeah you read correctly. He's fat, tried to be a badass which he obviously isn't and the only reason he's still around is because TNA pays attention to the retarded IWC smarks. He's never gonna draw, his promos are awful and why the fuck is he always sweating?

Eric Young- He's a joke, he was good during the World Elite days but the ball was dropped

Ink Inc.- a couple of tattooed, mohawk sporting little punks wow that'll draw :rolleyes:

And don't listen to EeL he hates TNA :P

W-OLF
10-29-2010, 11:45 PM
I agree with Gunner spot on man , Especially that ev2 crap but E Y will stay he's in tight with Jarrett.

Dilph
10-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Keep Winter....Katie Lea can actually wrestle if given the chance

mikedudelang
10-31-2010, 06:06 PM
I'd actually be fine with Gunnar sticking around, especially considering he probably doesn't take up ANY payroll. But the only I'd want him would be if they'd get him in the ring, rather than just wasting him as a security guard.

As for Katie Lea (Winter) she never did much for me when she was in WWE but it is true that she's a decent female wrestler (certainly, too good to be a part of that botchfest of a Divas roster!).

As for Magnus, I too love the guys look but it seems like they've packaged him several different ways and nothing has worked. At some point, you just gotta cut a guy loose.

As for the Joe idea, you've probably got a point about his ability to draw money and you've definitely got a point about his weight. He's good on the mic, he's good in the ring, he's got a good character but he is in desperate need to drop 30 pounds and tone up (then again, so am I, haha). I like watching Joe wrestle and wouldn't send him packing, but I WOULD do with him what the WWE did with Big Show and demand he get himself in better shape.

Lastly, I like Ink Inc. I think they've got good chemistry in the ring and enjoy watching them. I think they are part of a really good tag team division and wouldn't wanna see them move on.

deadmanwalkin
11-01-2010, 05:59 PM
dump hogan bischoff and flair and were good

mikedudelang
11-02-2010, 12:16 AM
dump hogan bischoff and flair and were good

Fairly shortsighted, don't you think? It's not that simple. While I agree Hogan's impact has been minimal, part of that has been TNA's fault, no Hogan's. When they initially announced his arrival in TNA, the received a TON of publicity from it (UFC PPV, Talk Shows, News Outlets all picked up on it). Hogan did his part in drawing extra attention to the brand. The failure lies with TNA not being prepared to take that 'next step' once the extra attention was on them. I mean, they should have been planning months in advance of Hogan's arrival to do several things, tops on the list being a LIVE HOUSE show rather than some pre-recorded mess for their first episode of the Hogan Era. Had they shown TNA as being much bigger than it actually is, it might have fueled growth. Instead, what new fans were treated to was a studio recorded show, with a bunch of largely indifferent people in the audience who were only there as part of a damn tour.