PDA

View Full Version : WWE Night of Champions PPV Buyrate and More on McMahon's Lawsuit

Travicity
10-27-2010, 08:13 PM
The early numbers for the 2010 WWE Night of Champions PPV are in and, once again, they are down from a year ago. The current numbers (which should rise somewhat) are 169,000 buys, down from 267,000. WWE will likely issue the final numbers with their quarterly report.

The Connecticut Post has a story today where Secretary of the State Susan Bysiewicz responded to the discrimination lawsuit that Vince McMahon filed yesterday concerning her not wanting to allow voters in her state to wear WWE clothing to the polls on Tuesday. She had asserted that while WWE clothing doesn't bear Senate candidate Linda McMahon's name, the implication is it is there since she is so closely identified with World Wrestling Entertainment. Bysiewicz said that her intentions had been misconstrued and sent the following letter to registrars and town clerks yesterday.

"Be advised that it is the position of this office that simply wearing WWE apparel at the polls, including apparel with the trade name or logo of the WWE or the name or photograph of any WWE entertainment that does not display the name or photograph of Linda McMahon, U.S. Senate candidate, or the name or logo of Ms. McMahon's campaign does not trigger a violation. Further, even when an individual is found to be wearing campaign material in violation of the 75 foot restrictions, they should never be told to leave the polls. They should be simply asked to remove or cover the item or apparel in question. Once this is accomplished, the individual should be allowed to vote."

Of course, Bysiewicz is a Democrat and McMahon is a Republican. Yes folks, this is another prime example of our tax dollars at work.

When I first hear about Vince McMahon's lawsuit yesterday I thought, "You have got to be kidding me" but after thinking about it, I don't blame him a bit. I don't think the WWE clothes matter a bit where influence is concerned. It did get the company some good publicity and Vince really was being discriminated against this time.

The story also made note that WWE will be taping Smackdown on Tuesday in CT. I don't see how that matter since by the time fans get to the show, if they haven't voted yet they probably won't (unless they want to leave the show).

Fox News has a story covering the story as well, stating that a federal judge today issued an order that required Bysiewicz allow voters to wear WWE clothes to the polls and said it could not be considered political advertising for Linda McMahon.

Finally, Vince McMahon sent out the following quote today: "I am pleased that Connecticut voters have had their freedom of expression to wear WWE merchandise and their right to vote restored."

PWI