PDA

View Full Version : Cornette, Venture and Yang News

Travicity
10-29-2010, 01:01 AM
I want to wish a very happy 70th birthday to our own Les Thatcher. A few of us surprised Les on his weekly audio today in the Elite section and had a great time. Les is truly a one of a kind classy individual, who loves professional wrestling and is a great mind to critique it, so we are proud to have him with us here on the site, and certainly suggest him to anyone who needs an honest opinion on their wrestling students or promotion.

Jim Cornette's website at www.JimCornette.com has relaunched with a brand new look, so check it out. The new version looks great and Cornette has a new commentary up, discussing what he's been up to over the last few months and some of the positives in pro wrestling right now, including his happiness at seeing Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin find their love for pro wrestling again in ROH.

A new biography released is "When Professional Wrestlers Had Cauliflower Ears: The Life and Times of Ron "The Golden Gladiator" Hill." The book, promises to be, "An autobiographical account of a man who set out to become a professional wrestler at the age of 17 and eventually became World's Light Heavyweight Champion. The humorous stories of the road and his trials and tribulations make for a lifetime of adventures few have had the privilege to experience. True in-the-ring descriptions of how the business of professional wrestling operated in the mid 1950's and beyond. Anyone who has ever watched professional wrestling will have a hard time putting this book down." Hill was actually the first person our very own Les Thatcher wrestled. I don't know much more about the book beyond that, but I am looking forward to reading this one.

Former WWE and WCW star Jimmy Wang Yang has opened up an extermination business in the Cincinatti, Ohio area, titled, Jimmy's Pest Control.

PWI