PDA

View Full Version : The 2000s - An In Depth Look.

John
10-30-2010, 08:41 PM
The 2000s were a decade in which I grew up in (Born in 1994, the earliest memory I can recall is in 1997 when Princess D died and the sudden shock, horror and the feeling that the world would never be the same haunted England, I consider the late 90s and all of 2000s the time in which I grew up). I was speaking to my father and his friend, David, about the sudden rise of terrorism and how everyone is scared of terrorists; Security has been increased, as has political correctness.

The Rise Of Celebrity Gossip
Suddenly, it seems, people are massively interested in the locations and situations which surround their favourite celebrities. The launch of Twitter has helped these people locate their celebrities, giving them an inside look into their daily life. Celebrities began to star in their own shows, labelled as Reality TV, solely to boost their money. In what seems a horrible attempt to get money, celebrities humiliate themselves and let people look into their daily life.. What a horrible idea.

Terror & 9/11
Terror also was on the rise, during the 2000s. Terrorists suddenly seemed to introduce themselves to the world, as they blew up 9/11 and caused several horrific incidents to occur. Just recently, terorrists sent several bombs onto several planes - fortunately, we stopped their ploy to injure people.

Humiliation & Embarrassment On Television
It seems that people will do anything to appear on Television - Even humiliate theirselves.. People suddenly want to participate in such programmes as Jeremy Kyle and Jerry Springer, which is absolutely pathetic.

What's your thoughts and feelings on the recent decade - The 2000s?

John
10-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Shame I've received no replys.. Another thing:

The rise of the Internet.
I remember, around 7 years ago, sitting with my mum and dad on a "Computer" which was absolutely massive and had around 12,000 different buttons. I remember saying to my Dad that this piece of machinary was strange and I questioned how I was able to access these games on this mystical screen. That was around 2002/2003. Since then, the internet (and computers) have risen into such a phenomenon that it's unbelievable. Such sites like twitter, facebook along with forums have helped the success of the internet.

Obviously, the people who reply to this spend some time on a Computer - But do you think the rise of the internet has helped or hindered our society?