PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson is a better human being than Mel Gibson, will be returning for Hangover 2

Kemo
10-31-2010, 06:54 PM
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/7195/miketysonthehangover.jpg

There's some weird hypocrisy happening with THE HANGOVER 2 (officially called THE HANGOVER: PART II, according to director Todd Phillips). In an interview with Details, the raunchy comic director reveals that former boxer, convicted rapist, and all-around interesting individual Mike Tyson will be returning for the film's much-discussed sequel.

For those of you in the cheap seats, Mel Gibson was originally scheduled to take part in a very small cameo for the film. Then came the news that Zach Galifianakis was all up in arms about said cameo, and so Gibson got the boot and was promptly replaced by actor Liam Neeson.

Now, Phillips is saying that Tyson, the very example used by many to point out the screwy hypocrisy in dumping Gibson in the first place, will be returning for the sequel. And you know what's funny? Tyson giving a reasonable and well-worded response about how he would've "100 percent" worked with the racially insensitive actor. Per the New York Post:

"I'm not going to ever in my life point my finger at anyone. I don't live in a glass house. None of us do. I work with anybody, as long as they're respectful."

Phillips also spilled some information on the aforementioned Neeson cameo (the one that would've been Gibson's) which will reportedly be that of a tattoo artist. Don't expect a lot of yucks:

"The scene is not maybe what you’d expect in 'The Hangover.' 'The Hangover 2' will be an epic comedy, but not every scene, just like the first one, is full of comedy. This had a little bit of gravity to it and I thought that both guys really could add that gravity and that is where were at."

God, seriously, what's the point then?

THE HANGOVER: PART II is currently filming and will open May 26, 2011.

Smartmark
11-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Hangover 2?? :eek:

The Mac
11-01-2010, 06:55 PM
good i hate mel gibson