PDA

View Full Version : Update On CM Punk After Hip Problems

John
11-01-2010, 05:36 PM
- The WWE Creative team has been told CM Punk is out of physical storylines for at least three months due to his hip issue. But that doesn't mean he is gone from TV, because they have also been told to come up with ideas for him in a non-wrestling role. One source says that Punk may be having surgery within the next week. It is said that Punk could work through the injury, but that it will only get worse and WWE management wanted him to get this taken care of. Right now Punk is not scheduled for TV this week, although that could quickly change.

Source: 411Mania

- CM Punk isn't expected to be in 'wrestling action' for at least three months due to his hip issue, however WWE creative has been told to come up with non-wrestling storylines to integrate punk into RAW.

Surgery is scheduled for this week and as of writing, Punk is not expected to appear on this week's TV tapings.

In terms of the injury, the feeling is that Punk could work through it, but WWE management do not want to risk it getting any worse.

Source - LOP.

Shame that he isn't wrestling, but I'm glad that it gives him a chance to persue his commentary career (He was awesome on NXT).

deadmanwalkin
11-01-2010, 05:54 PM
i would like to see punk as a commentator....its always fun to have wrestlers as commentators because they know what the fuck they are talking about compared to some of the other announcers

Travicity
11-01-2010, 08:27 PM
As we reported last night, the WWE Creative team has been told CM Punk is out of physical storylines for at least three months due to his hip issue, but have been told to come up with ideas for him in a non-wrestling role.

One source told me Punk is scheduled to undergo hip surgery within the next week based on an injury suffered at Bragging Rights. I am told that Punk could probably work with the injury but the feeling is that if he does, it will only get worse, so WWE management wants him to get the problem taken care of so it doesn't hurt him long-term.

As of last night, Punk wasn't scheduled for this week's TV, based on the latest draft of the Raw script, but that could change at a whim. There was talk of writing him out of the storylines last week but that was later dropped.

PWI