PDA

View Full Version : Updated: Jeff Hardy Was Not Originally Supposed to be in 'They'!,

Travicity
11-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Eric Bischoff was the guest on The Monday Night Mayhem radio show last night. During the interview, he confirmed that TNA Reaction has been given an order for another 10 episodes by Spike TV. Also on the show, Bischoff said that Jeff Hardy was not originally supposed to be part of "They". He wouldn't say whose place Hardy took but basically said that Hardy got the spot because it made for a better story. He was also asked about Matt Hardy coming in to TNA and was non-committal about it, basically taking a wait and see approach. Someone actually sent a question to Bischoff concerning Hulk Hogan's commentary stating that TNA would start shooting, asking if they really will start having shoot matches. He didn't really answer it but he didn't heel the question either. He did say at the end that anyone who is reading too much into the Hogan promo is wasting a lot of mental energy.

PWI

To follow up in an earlier story, Eric Bischoff said that Jeff Hardy wasn't an original choice to be part of They a few weeks ago on the official TNA podcast. He said it was Vince Russo that came up with the idea at a meeting. When Russo pitched it, Bischoff said he had a smile on his face. He said it took convincing though, but it worked. He linked it to Hogan turning and that Hogan wasn't the original choice in 1996 as well.

Smartmark
11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanx for the update Travis.

I'm not really sure how I feel about this Heel thing.

DUKE NUKEM
11-02-2010, 08:58 PM
^ jeff is not doing bad as a heel, i like to see how this turns out

Kage
11-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Jeff is much more interesting as a heel. It's just what was needed to keep him fresh and keep my attention.

coachthor
11-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Joe was supposed to be in They

Vick Diesel
11-02-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the update Travis

TNAfan74
11-03-2010, 01:15 AM
i guess with time i will get used to jeff being a heel. also seems tna has more fast twists and turns than a six flags park

Dragón De Muerte
11-03-2010, 04:19 AM
I think its a very good thing that jeff is heel because he didn't really have a role as a face because rvd was the top face and all he ended up doing was teaming up with him and anderson, as a heel he can really shine against rvd in ways he couldn't before.