PDA

View Full Version : Appels' Official Game Review Thread

Appels
08-15-2006, 01:33 AM
I will try to review any games I play in here, and anyone else can post theirs, but please make them legit, and not some 2 liner. Anyways, lets get this shiznit going.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game: Dead Rising
System: XBOX 360

Review: When I picked up this game, W-OLF actually told me about it, as did my brother, and I was like, Killing Zombies? Hmm... probably some joke ass game. Well, now I admit, I was wrong. This is by far my favorite game of this year. I mean, is there anything better than killing a zombie with a bench, garbage can, or even a chainsaw?

This game is repetitive thou, and if your like me, the repetitiveness never wears off, as I always find something new to kill the zombies with. A soccer ball, a lown mower, a baseball bat, you name it, you can get it.

The sounds in this game are typical zombies, and the zombies act like normal zombies, slow. That allows you time to go and find a weapon if your running from them.

The only major disapointment in this game, however, is the save system. There are few, and far between, so your better pray to god, you can kill zombies better than they can kill you.

Overall Rating: 8.2/10

Appels
08-16-2006, 05:44 AM
Game: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
System[s]: XBOX 360, and PC

Review: The best game of 2006. Hands Down. If you think it is anything else, you are crazy. This game is so stunning, visually appealing, and you can put so many hours into it without ever getting bored.

The gameplay in this game is unmatched by any other. With its very unique non-storyline allows you to do the game at your own pace, and allows you to do what you want, when you want. Not many games feature it, and games that due, still have not matched the depth of Oblivion. Every place you go to has a number of quests you can, and each one has its own unique appeal. Some require stealth, and others you just have to hack and slash, providing the game with variety.

As I said earlier, the visuals are so appealing. Every tree is coded to be different. You will never find 2 trees that are absolutely identical. (My brothers a coder, and he says this would be a pain in the ass to code that many trees). The world of Oblivion is so massive, that it would take several hours to run to every location you have to (Auto-Travel is your friends in this game). Every town has its own unique features, which also allows for variety.

There also many guilds to keep your attention. A fighters guild for those you like to fight for justice. A mages guild for people who wish to practice magic for good. The Dark Brotherhood for those who kill for fun. A thieves guild for those who like to steal. The variety in this game is by far the highest amount you will ever see.

I have played more than 50 hours of this game without finishing it, mainly because it is impossible to finish. Even if you do finish the main quest, it allows for you to stay and finish every side quest, and go through the whole world. It is absolutely incredible. This game is a MUST HAVE in any true gamers collection.

Overall Rating: 9.6/10

Mr Mando
11-18-2006, 04:50 PM
thread closed