PDA

View Full Version : The Original Plans for Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker Confrontation

Travicity
11-03-2010, 11:43 PM
WWE sources have informed us that the original plan for the Undertaker and Brock Lesnar confrontation at UFC 121 was for it to occur backstage after the show, likely at the press conference where tons of media and cameras were. This plan, however, hinged on Brock Lesnar winning his fight - which didn't happen.

After Lesnar lost, he needed stitches and decided not to appear at the press conference as a way of giving Cain Velasquez his "moment." The Undertaker, who was invited to the event as a personal guest of UFC President Dana White (a huge Undertaker fan), waited backstage after the fight but left when it became apparent that Brock wasn't coming out for the press conference.

The video face-to-face confrontation between Lesnar and and The Undertaker turned out to be a lucky coincidence for WWE and was not what the original plan called for. The YouTube video of that confrontation has been viewed millions of times online and generated a ton of buzz last week, so things worked out just fine.

Source: The Wrestling Observer

coachthor
11-04-2010, 12:46 AM
I don't know about this

Rearnold87
11-07-2010, 10:31 PM
that whole thing after the brock fight was weird

Big Evil
11-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Well that's just the problem... is there something planned? Is the work already under way? That's what I want to know... Is Dana White in on this, because of him being a huge Undertaker fan? I want to know if this is all a work, or if WWE is trying to make something out of nothing. Because the way that is revealed, I have to think WWE and UFC were working together to put this to work.

jedi71
11-07-2010, 11:32 PM
very weired situation.

Smartmark
11-08-2010, 12:29 AM
I still say there is something in the works here. It's not so farfetched either. Cause both WWE and UFC would gain on it.

Will
11-08-2010, 04:40 AM
I still say there is something in the works here. It's not so farfetched either. Cause both WWE and UFC would gain on it.

and how exactly do you figure the UFC would gain from this?

Kenpachi Zaraki
11-08-2010, 07:25 AM

Exactly Lesnar might get a big payday but what does UFC get? Further what if Lesnar gets injured?

mikedudelang
11-09-2010, 12:35 AM

It was mentioned in the article that Dana White is a big fan of 'Taker. While I fully believe nothing will come of this, Lesnar losing might have actually make it MORE possible than if he'd have won.

Yes, the UFC is killing WWE in PPV buys but there's ALWAYS room for more. How would the UFC win, you ask? Simple: they rightly believe they have the best product going today. Why not show it off during Wrestlemania, pro wrestling's biggest night of the year? The gain is obvious to me.

Konan
11-09-2010, 09:29 AM
that never happen because whats the match called for ? ufc main event or wwe

Will
11-11-2010, 02:13 AM
It was mentioned in the article that Dana White is a big fan of 'Taker. While I fully believe nothing will come of this, Lesnar losing might have actually make it MORE possible than if he'd have won.

Yes, the UFC is killing WWE in PPV buys but there's ALWAYS room for more. How would the UFC win, you ask? Simple: they rightly believe they have the best product going today. Why not show it off during Wrestlemania, pro wrestling's biggest night of the year? The gain is obvious to me.

you do realize that wrestling is fake right? Obviously their is a certain amount of crossover fans, but most people are either pro wrestling fans or they are mma fans. The UFC lives and grows on credibility, to be associated with pro wrestling would be professional suicide for the ufc.