PDA

View Full Version : Jagger throat problem forces Stones to cancel gig

OMEN
08-15-2006, 12:23 PM
LONDON: The Rolling Stones canceled their concert in Valladolid, Spain, today after lead singer Mick Jagger developed laryngitis.

The band said in a statement they expected to appear on Sunday, August 20, at Twickenham Stadium in London. A spokeswoman declined to confirm whether the Stones would perform as scheduled in El Ejido, Spain, on August 16.

"I am very sorry to be canceling this show," said 63-year-old Jagger, who has been hit by throat problems on previous tours.

"I always love playing in Spain, but unfortunately I have no other choice and I apologize to everyone who bought tickets," he added.

Jagger said last week he had taken up voice coaching to help preserve his voice.

The band will refund the 37,000 tickets sold for the Valladolid gig, part of the marathon "A Bigger Bang" tour which kicked off last August, since when they have played to around 4.5 million fans.

The cancellation is the latest setback for the group.
The European leg of the tour was delayed for more than a month after guitarist Keith Richards underwent surgery in New Zealand for head injuries sustained falling out of a tree while on vacation.

Reuters

Kaz
08-15-2006, 03:32 PM
Bugger... Laryntitis as someone who had it just recently I can sympathise.