PDA

View Full Version : William Regal Clarifies his Retirement Announcement and Orlando Pushing for H.O.F

Travicity
11-11-2010, 05:15 PM
William Regal clarified his announcement earlier this week that the current WWE tour of Great Britain could be his last on his twitter account, writing:

"I'm having a great tour and wrestling Daniel Bryan has made me realize that unless I can keep up to that standard it's possibly time for me to start winding down.I said it might be my last tour the other day not that it was.I would like to continue with quality and not quantity. Take care."

The Orlando Business Journal reported today that the city of Orlando is putting together a presentation with hopes of getting World Wrestling Entertainment to bring a permanent, physical WWE Hall of Fame to the city.

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer and outgoing Orange County Mayor Rich Crotty are both involved with the push, which is still in a "conceptual" stage.

Wrestlemania XXIV in Orlando, the first Mania held in a city that actively campaigned WWE to bring their flagship PPV to them, drew close to 75,000 fans and is estimated to have brought in close to $50 million to the local economy.

WWE launched their Hall of Fame in 1993 after the passing of Andre the Giant and brought the Hall back as an annual event in 2004. To date, 81 talents have been inducted into the Hall, which has never had a physical home.

The idea of a physical Hall has been discussed off and on by the company, but not much in recent years. At one point, the idea of the Hall being a walk-through exhibit at Universal Studios' theme park in Orlando was tossed out.

PWI

LOL Danielson's to good for him :D

Kenpachi Zaraki
11-11-2010, 05:21 PM
he made Danielson lol

*waits for stupid TNA fans to ransack WWE HoF* :shifty: