PDA

View Full Version : 'The Simpsons' renewed for 23rd season

OMEN
11-12-2010, 12:50 AM
Fox has announced that it has renewed animated sitcom The Simpsons for a 23rd season.

The network previously renewed the show in 2009, with the option of an additional season.

Executive producer Al Jean said: "Like many 22-year-olds, The Simpsons is extremely happy remaining at home, on Fox, and hopes it doesn't have to go out into the real world for many years to come."

The confirmed commission will keep The Simpsons on air until early 2012 and will ensure that the long-running comedy reaches its 500th episode.

The decision will also see the programme become the third-longest running primetime series in the history of television, after CBS family drama Lassie and Western series Gunsmoke.

The Simpsons originated in 1987 as a series of animated shorts on The Tracey Ullman Show.

DS

Travicity
11-12-2010, 02:17 AM
Uh just another series on and on and unfunny. Just end it with a movie.

JohnCenaFan28
11-12-2010, 04:17 AM
^ Didn't they already have a movie? Anyway, do people still watch this show?

Travicity
11-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Yea they did but should they end it with a tv show last episode or a movie and 5 million people still watch it :P in America at least. More viewers than South Park but not Family Guy.

Swinny
11-12-2010, 06:45 PM
I still watch it, but it really is starting to "jump the shark" so to speak. I hate to say it about a show I grew up with and watched religiously for years, but... The Simpsons' time may be up.

But if they got renewed for another season apparently I'm the only one thinking that way. Maybe they're get back on track, I hope so, at least.