PDA

View Full Version : DeGeneres: 'Same-sex dancing is weird'

OMEN
11-15-2010, 12:40 AM
Ellen DeGeneres has branded the idea of same-sex couples being featured on Dancing With The Stars as "weird".

The topic arose on her daytime talkshow on Friday during a conversation with guest Kelly Osbourne, who said that she found it "fabulous" to see two women dancing together on the Israeli version of the dance contest.

DeGeneres's wife Portia De Rossi spoke to Ryan Seacrest last week and expressed interest in competing as part of a same-sex dance couple if the American show offered her the chance.

However, DeGeneres explained her reservations about same-sex dance partners to Osbourne, saying: "I think it's weird. It's not a romantic thing. It's an art form and in dancing it doesn't matter. We are just so used to seeing a man and woman dancing together."

Though she admitted that she doesn't personally approve of the idea, she also said that she doesn't oppose it either, saying: "I think that's great that they're going to do that."

The openly-gay talkshow host also revealed that she 'doesn't know' if De Rossi is going to participate in the ABC dance show, claiming: "She won't tell me. We'll find out!"

DS