PDA

View Full Version : TNA Banning Weapon Shots to the Head

Konan
11-18-2010, 08:11 PM
-TNA President Dixie Carter spoke with former WWE Superstar Christopher Nowinski recently, and after the meeting, she is said to now be a "strong proponent" of making sure that TNA wrestlers are better taken care of when competing. Carter is said to be seriously considering toning down weapon shots to the head, but nothing has been set in stone as of yet.

WR

Smartmark
11-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Following in WWE's footsteps. Soon TNA's gonna get PG-rated as well :no:

Swinny
11-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Following in WWE's footsteps. Soon TNA's gonna get PG-rated as well :no:

Yes, improving the wrestler's well-being is so awful! How dare they?! Let them all have extensive brain damage, who cares!

The Mac
11-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Yes, improving the wrestler's well-being is so awful! How dare they?! Let them all have extensive brain damage, who cares!

as long as the wrestlers r smart they can get a chairshot and not get hurt its the idiot that cant get there hands up in time that get the concussions

Swinny
11-18-2010, 11:44 PM
as long as the wrestlers r smart they can get a chairshot and not get hurt its the idiot that cant get there hands up in time that get the concussions

Yes, but as far as I know from what I've read, that's all they're doing is banning unprotected headshots and not headshots altogether, unless things have changed.

Smartmark
11-18-2010, 11:51 PM
^^ Last time I checked, the wrestlers do what they want. If some of then wants to hurt themselves, why not? Their decision!

The Mac
11-18-2010, 11:58 PM
^^ Last time I checked, the wrestlers do what they want. If some of then wants to hurt themselves, why not? Their decision!

there has to be some level of protection for them

Smartmark
11-19-2010, 12:00 AM
^^ Why can't they decide for themselves?

Do you think the HIAC Match between Taker and Mankind ever would happen today? Answer; NO! Reason; Stupid Kids!

ArJay
11-19-2010, 12:16 AM
You seriously have some issues Smartmark if you truly believe the things you say.

Smartmark
11-19-2010, 12:57 AM
^^ So you believe PG-Rating in Wrestling is a good thing? It's not supposed to be a show the whole family can watch. 10 years ago the only guy in the family watching wrestling was the dad. Maybe the oldest son.

Next you say PG is a good thing in movies too

Travicity
11-19-2010, 01:03 AM
Lol RJ

Dosent bother me really I can still watch Violence If I want. High flying If I want maybe some Strong Style I know where to go and what to watch :P But yes it's good protecting themselves but they could just take better care of themselves while using the weapons.

Swinny
11-19-2010, 01:16 AM
^^ So you believe PG-Rating in Wrestling is a good thing? It's not supposed to be a show the whole family can watch. 10 years ago the only guy in the family watching wrestling was the dad. Maybe the oldest son.

Next you say PG is a good thing in movies too

Why shouldn't it be a show the whole family can watch? I grew up watching wrestling my whole life and I always watched it with my parents and other people, so I don't see why it shouldn't be like that. Granted when I was a kid it wasn't PG and was the beginning of the Attitude era and all that, but anyway... it's not the PG that is a problem right now and I don't know how many times that can be stressed.

And as far as movies go there are plenty great movies out there, past and present, as well as TV shows, etc. that have a PG rating.

We're kind of getting off topic a bit though.

Vick Diesel
11-19-2010, 01:31 AM
Just b/c they're gonna be protecting the wrestlers from head shots whether it be from chairs or weapons doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna go to a PG rating. All of the wrestler's have families and when they get to the point of retirement their families are gonna want to spend lots of time with them, not as vegetables like what Muhammed Ali is now!!

ArJay
11-19-2010, 03:52 AM
It's funny, for a person who seems to hate PG and all things kid related, you sure as fuck have some growing up to do Smartmark. I don't care how old you are, you act like a twelve year old in about every fashion of life that I've witnessed since you've joined here. First off, ANY Disney Pixar movie >>>>>>>> WWE/TNA/ROH/And So On. So don't even tell me that PG and G rated things aren't good. Secondly, this thread isn't about PG, it's about the well-being of wrestlers, which you clearly don't give two shits about. You'd rather they bash their heads with steel chairs, get cut with barbed wire and other sharp objects, setting themselves on fire, and various other sick acts, all the while fucking themselves up beyond belief and shortening the lifespan of their career. You're sick, plain and simple. This isn't about "letting them have a choice", because I'd be willing to bet if they did have a choice, 80% of wrestlers would choose NOT to take unprotected chair shots to the head. The other 20% are the useless fucks I've carried on about in the past, that otherwise can't wrestle for shit and want to make a name for themselves somehow. So they choose violence. No wonder you're a big fan of that fat piece of shit Mick Foley, he fits the mold well of the sadistic nature you wanna see in wrestling. It's both sad and sick to see some of the shit you post here. Truly, you need to sit down and re-evaluate a lot of things about your life. (I'd start by deciding on whether or not you still want to come to this forum. My suggestion: No.)

DUKE NUKEM
11-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Lol RJ

Dosent bother me really I can still watch Violence If I want. High flying If I want maybe some Strong Style I know where to go and what to watch :P But yes it's good protecting themselves but they could just take better care of themselves while using the weapons.

^ great point

Kenpachi Zaraki
11-19-2010, 06:28 PM
I have said this before as well when this news 1st broke. SM you call urself a fan but you don't give a fuck about their health. They are not animals and even animals aren't treated like that. Example: Look at Foley, the dumbass can't stand straight because of all the stunts he did. Look at Flair, proper wrestler in great shape even at 65. Who's the bigger star? Flair. Moral: You don't need to kill yourself to make a name or for that matter anything.

Vick Diesel
11-20-2010, 05:53 AM
I have said this before as well when this news 1st broke. SM you call urself a fan but you don't give a fuck about their health. They are not animals and even animals aren't treated like that. Example: Look at Foley, the dumbass can't stand straight because of all the stunts he did. Look at Flair, proper wrestler in great shape even at 65. Who's the bigger star? Flair. Moral: You don't need to kill yourself to make a name or for that matter anything.

^ Awesome point Gunner you hit the nail on the head with that one!! :D