PDA

View Full Version : Curt Hawkins could be the new Chris Jericho?

John
11-20-2010, 10:52 AM
After watching the majority of his match on Superstars (I paused it so I could write this), I can see a lot of similarities in the way Jericho wrestled and the way that Hawkins wrestles. Firstly, they have the same appearance. Hawkins has this rockers-style gimmick with the long hair, and has the trunks that look similar to Y2J. Secondly, there was a spot where Hawkins irish-whipped Trent into the ropes, and caught him off with a chockblock to the legs. He immediately jumped out of the ring and began talking to the fans - A spot which I've seen Jericho do.

Along with the fact that I just genuinely see Hawkins going somewhere in the future, I really want him to be a pushed star on Smackdown. I mean, his run on Superstars is great and fine because it gives him exposure, but I would love to see him on Smackdown in the IC division.

Thoughts.

Metalitia
11-25-2010, 12:49 PM
No he isn't.

There are some vague similarities in the mannerisms more than the style but I'd expect to see that from any young heel. Jericho is arguably the best in the business currently so he should be a benchmark.

It's similar to how Trent Barretta was showing similar mannerisms to early Edge.

Just a couple of young guys being told to look at older footage of the companiess top level guys and see if they can take something from it.

The smart way to run a business really.

Black Widow
11-26-2010, 02:08 AM
oh lord i nearly wet myself Curt Hawkins could be the new Chris Jericho, bahahahahahahahahaha.. Curt Hawkins has more of a chance being the next person on the unemployment line than being the new Chris Jericho.

Chris Jericho = GOD

were as Curt Hawkins = a peasant