PDA

View Full Version : Hutchence sibling slams INXS movie plans

OMEN
08-17-2006, 12:22 PM
http://stuff.co.nz/inl/common/imageViewer/0,1445,251392,00.jpg
Michael Hutchence

Michael Hutchence's brother has blasted plans to cast Kate Moss as Paula Yates in a film about the INXS singer's life.

Rhett Hutchence is furious the supermodel is being considered for the part of Michael's former lover in the biopic entitled Slide Away.

Rhett - who has previously published a book about his brother's turbulent life - has even suggested an ironic alternative to play Paula, who died of drugs overdose in 2000.

He told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "Kate Moss to play Paula? I'd rather see Carrie-Anne Moss from The Matrix play her."

The film stars Johnny Depp as the late INXS frontman, who allegedly accidentally ended his own life in 1997 while carrying out the sexual act of autoerotic asphyxiation.

Despite his concerns, Rhett believes the movie will provide INXS fans with a truthful insight into their idol's life.

He said: "It's very sex, drugs and rock'n'roll, but it is so much more than that. You get a good feel for who Michael really was."

-Bang! Showbiz

Kaz
08-17-2006, 01:21 PM
That article and the title of the thread confused me. I thought they were saying that the brother didn't agree with the movie!

I thought Michael Hutchence hung himself in the bathroom!

If Johnny's in it I'll see it.