PDA

View Full Version : WWE wants "Outsiders" for Major WrestleMania 27 Angle

Travicity
11-25-2010, 03:58 PM
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that WWE is looking for an "outsider" angle for WrestleMania 27 in which they utilize talent outside of the wrestling industry for the big event next year. The belief from Vince McMahon is the current roster is not strong enough alone to draw a big buy rate for the event. McMahon had hoped the Lesner/Taker deal we saw a few weeks back would materialize in a Brock Lesner return to WWE next year but that appears to be dead in the water at this stage. McMahon is said to have two more big ideas in mind but they are not known to many others at this time.

WNS

STING VS UNDERTAKER!

aoessand
11-25-2010, 06:18 PM
damnit man i thought it was hall and nash!

Y0UR Messiah
11-25-2010, 06:35 PM
They want BIG draws, not two hasbeens aoessand.

Swinny
11-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Drew Carey's coming back and this time he's WINNING the rumble and going on to face the champ at WrestleMania. I'm callin' it.

JohnCenaFan28
11-25-2010, 09:24 PM
DUH! Have "Lady WaWa" (Melina) vs. Lady GaGa for the Unified Divas Championship at WrestleMania.

Metalitia
11-25-2010, 11:52 PM
STING VS UNDERTAKER!

Sting vs HBK would be the bigger draw I reckon.

Travicity
11-26-2010, 12:17 AM
Oh yea off course and there would be more even thing's they could do and less people would expect Taker to win just forgot he didnt wrestle but yea would be a better match HBK VS STING!!!

A Blissful Ass
11-26-2010, 01:23 AM
They want BIG draws, not two hasbeens aoessand.
Are you a Hall fan just wondering from your Sig?

Anyway Sting vs HBK or Sting vs Taker would both be great matches

Lmao when i saw this title i thought The Outsiders@Mania 27

Konan
11-26-2010, 10:03 AM
big major taker miss this wrestle mania

John
11-26-2010, 09:41 PM
The Undertaker had words with Brock Lesnar following the main event of last month's UFC 121 pay-per-view event, with their brief exchange caught on camera and designed to get people talking in case a potential WWE match took place. WWE officials want Lesnar to appear in a featured role at WrestleMania XXVII, but the scenario appears highly unlikely due to UFC President Dana White insisting that Lesnar is prohibited from wrestling. Nevertheless, the idea was more than a fantasy proposition to those in WWE.

Vince McMahon was heavily invested in the idea in mid-October as he knew ahead of time that there would be a confrontation between the former wrestling rivals, though the number of people who were previously aware was small. Nobody on creative knew there would be a confrontation until after the pay-per-view, and within a few days, sans a possible referee assignment, it was believed to be a dead idea once White publicly said that Lesnar is prohibited from wrestling.

McMahon feels it will be difficult for WWE to score a grand pay-per-view buy figure for WrestleMania XXVII and therefore concocted at least three different major out-of-the-box ideas, one of which involved Lesnar. The other two ideas, while known to some in WWE, have not been reported yet.

At this point, company officials are actively pursuing individuals not involved with the professional wrestling industry and doing an outsider angle to headline the show.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Metalitia
11-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Am I the only one who feels that this shows a lack of faith in the ability of the current roster/creative staff to produce an exciting wrestling show?

If they are going through with this way of booking for 'Mania though I hope the ideas don't get leaked. If they're any good we can be surprised at least by them that way.

mikedudelang
11-27-2010, 05:20 AM
Am I the only one who feels that this shows a lack of faith in the ability of the current roster/creative staff to produce an exciting wrestling show?

That's exactly what it says and with good reason. The roster is the worst it's been in a very long time and the writing flat out SUCKS right now. 'Taker's hurt, HHH is MIA, Cena, Orton and Edge are stale. TNA has a better roster than the WWE right now (just no one running that company smart enough to take advantage of it).

Kenpachi Zaraki
11-27-2010, 05:31 AM
this is what Jericho had said a few years ago about them pushing greenhorns and burying talented guys. Unfortunately TNA are so stupid they won't make use of this

hackindave
11-27-2010, 08:36 AM
OMG!! WrestleMania XXVII = fail

Y0UR Messiah
11-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Are you a Hall fan just wondering from your Sig?

I was before he threw his career away.

A Blissful Ass
11-27-2010, 09:53 AM
I was before he threw his career away.
Yeah kinda Agree sorry i was just wondering

Kenpachi Zaraki
11-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Scott Hall is GOD

Metalitia
11-27-2010, 12:58 PM
That's exactly what it says and with good reason. The roster is the worst it's been in a very long time and the writing flat out SUCKS right now. 'Taker's hurt, HHH is MIA, Cena, Orton and Edge are stale. TNA has a better roster than the WWE right now (just no one running that company smart enough to take advantage of it).

I see where you're coming from but at the same time, bringing in a bunch of people form outside the wrestling world isn't gonna help the development either.

gguru
11-27-2010, 08:11 PM
I agree with HBK/Sting, especially since Shawn has said that he would come back for that match. I'm starting the prayers now, just so Steve can hear them.

mikedudelang
11-27-2010, 08:24 PM
I see where you're coming from but at the same time, bringing in a bunch of people form outside the wrestling world isn't gonna help the development either.

Oh no, I totally agree. Bringing in a bunch of B-List jackasses will do nothing for the WWE. I mean, the celebrity GM thing they tried was proof of that as most of them didn't register at all with the mass media.

Kenpachi Zaraki
11-27-2010, 08:41 PM
I agree with HBK/Sting, especially since Shawn has said that he would come back for that match. I'm starting the prayers now, just so Steve can hear them.

It's Vince you should pray to :shifty:

JohnCenaFan28
11-27-2010, 08:52 PM
LADY GAGA vs. MELINA - WWE Unified Divas Championship as the main event of WM XXVII.
OR they could do battle of the freaks, Boy George (World Champion) vs. Goldust (WWE Champion) for The Unified WWE World Championship!

A Blissful Ass
11-28-2010, 12:04 AM
It's Vince you should pray to :shifty:

Don't tell us what you do everyday:shifty:

Travicity
11-28-2010, 06:39 AM
Interesting matches EeL They probably won't happen :shifty: but probably wont be Sting but if some TNA guys leave quickly in the next couple months you never know. But it will probably be some legends :P.

Swinny
11-28-2010, 09:29 PM
I would just like to point something out...

In the article it says people "OUTSIDE of the wrestling industry", so I think some of you are going off the path a bit.

A Blissful Ass
11-29-2010, 12:35 AM
^Yeah but the title said WWE wants "Outsiders" for Major WrestleMania 27 Angle that's why everyone thought Nash & Hall

Swinny
11-29-2010, 01:58 AM
^Yeah but the title said WWE wants "Outsiders" for Major WrestleMania 27 Angle that's why everyone thought Nash & Hall

Yeah, I know, but I'm talking about the article, not the title and I was talking more about everyone jumping the gun saying it's Sting moreso than Hall and Nash anyway.

A Blissful Ass
11-29-2010, 03:36 AM
I Still say Sting will stay with TNA

wwe9112
11-29-2010, 04:18 AM
Sting vs Taker vs Shawn Michaels or Shawn vs Sting! I dont think I would like Taker vs Sting as it would just be built off of popularity not by performance. Shawn can still push great matches IMO (Don't rant on me over it) Both Sting and Taker need pushed to have a great match from what I have seen.