PDA

View Full Version : Winona Ryder 'wanted Jolie friendship'

OMEN
11-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Winona Ryder has revealed that she had hoped she would become friends with Angelina Jolie after starring with her in the 1999 film Girl, Interrupted.

The actress, who was also an executive producer on the movie, admitted that she was left disappointed as Jolie "kept her distance".

Ryder explained to Total Film: "I remember thinking, 'Oh we're going to turn out to be great friends'.

"But I think she needed to be able to look at me just as the character Susanna, not as Winona, so in a very respectful way she just kind of kept her distance. I saw her at one of the awards shows but I haven't really seen her since."

The 39-year-old went on to confess that she felt "boring" alongside Jolie but is pleased that she has now achieved a lot in her career.

She added: "What she's accomplished after the film in terms of humanitarian stuff, I'm just really happy she did that.

"I remember in the press junket for Girl, Interrupted she would just be so open about her problems and then I would come in and everyone would think I was so boring. So it's really great to see she's found her calling in her personal life."

Ryder also admitted that she can no longer watch the film as it features late actress Brittany Murphy.

"I can't watch the movie now because of Brittany Murphy. She kills herself in the movie . I was very close to her before she died," she said.

DS