PDA

View Full Version : What I'm Thankful For...

Travicity
11-28-2010, 03:01 AM
What I’m Thankful For…
By David Lagana

It’s tradition in many families to go around the table on Thanksgiving and say what you’re thankful for. I I’m thankful for my family, my friends, and the luck I’ve had in my life. And if you’re reading this, there is one thing we’re all thankful for… professional wrestling.

I’m thankful for the first match I ever saw in September 1985 – Mike Rotunda & Barry Windham vs. Brutus Beefcake and Greg Valentine from the Philadelphia Spectrum. I’m thankful for my first ECW Show in August 1994 – Mick Foley and Cactus Jack calling for steel chairs into the ring show and teaching me to expect the unexpected in wrestling. I’m thankful for February 14th 2002 to January 25th, 2008 and the McMahon family for believing in me and giving me a chance to live out a dream.

Without these moments, I’m not sure where my life would be. I’m not saying that my life would be better or worse but instead I am thankful for the adventures I’ve been on. I’m thankful for the little memories that most people never knew about. I’m thankful for a trip to Finland and the detour Seth, Rich and I took. I’m thankful for fogged in airports and a car ride from VA to CT with Paul, Ed Brian and the master tapes in 2006. I’m thankful for a breakfast in Edmonton with the boss and never once talking about wrestling.

I’m thankful for the people I worked with and the progress we’ve made in the business. I’m thankful for vignette shoots in graveyards until 5am. I’m thankful for being given enough rope to go as far I could and also enough rope to hang myself. I’m thankful for being told I’m not as good as someone else because it only makes me work harder.

I’m thankful for the opportunity that Ring of Honor and HDNet has given me. In 2008, I thought my time and most importantly my passion in wrestling were gone. Without Cary Silkin, Adam Pearce, Andrew Simon, Adam Swift, Darrell Ewalt, Syd Eick and everyone involved with this product, I have no idea what I’d be doing right now. Ring of Honor inspires a lot of strong feelings and for me it’s a place to prove yourself night in and night out.

I’m thankful for the state of pro wrestling in 2010. You might think I’m nuts, but I believe without the valleys, the peaks wouldn’t be as memorable. Nothing comes easy and nothing comes for free. If you want something, you have to work for it. And that’s what everyone in Ring of Honor is doing and you’ll see that all come to a head at Final Battle in less than a month.

And most of all, I am thankful for everyone else who is like me… a fan of wrestling. Don’t ever be shy, ashamed or embarrassed of something you love. Without fans, the people who spend their money, no product would ever succeed. On behalf of Ring of Honor and HDNet, we’re thankful for everyone who supports us. We hope you have a great holiday season and are excited about the future. I know we are.

Sincerely,

David Lagana
ROH on HDNet Producer

ROH

Smartmark
11-28-2010, 03:32 AM
Thanx for posting Travis!

ROH is the shit! :D

Thanx HDNet!

Travicity
11-28-2010, 03:51 AM
Not anymore to me but still :D