PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Celebrity Dies

The Mac
11-29-2010, 03:06 AM
Leslie Nielsen, the star of the airplane movies and naked gun has passed away he was 84

Smartmark
11-29-2010, 03:12 AM
:(

rip

A Blissful Ass
11-29-2010, 03:16 AM
Veteran comedian and actor Leslie Nielsen has died in a Florida hospital, his family confirmed to Global News on Sunday evening. The Canadian actor was 84.

Nielsen rose to fame with roles in the Airplane and Naked Gun film franchises. He had apparently been suffering from pneumonia for more than a week.

“Today at 5:30 with his friends and his wife by his side, he just fell asleep and passed away,” his nephew Doug Nielsen told Manitoba radio station CJOB68.

Read more: http://arts.nationalpost.com/2010/11/28/comedian-leslie-nielsen-dead-at-84/#ixzz16dM5Rwcf

Swinny
11-29-2010, 03:18 AM
Well, shit. This sucks. The man was hilarious and it's a big loss for world of comedy and film. R.I.P.

Vikingsfan88
11-29-2010, 03:19 AM
R.I.P Leslie

Travicity
11-29-2010, 03:21 AM
Aw man I really liked him Naked Gun/ Movies what a shame :( R.I.P

The ShowOff
11-29-2010, 03:37 AM
R.I.P He was pretty damn funny his movies were awesome :(

Travicity
11-29-2010, 04:15 AM
Some sad news out of CJOB today as they report that funnyman and actor Leslie Nielsen has passed away in hospital in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. He was 84. They add that the star of comedy hits such as Airplane and the Naked Gun series dies of complications from pneumonia, according to his nephew Doug Nielsen, who lives in Richmond. Sure Nielson starred in some of the best slapstick comedies of all time, but he also dabbled a bit in horror taking on roles in Creepshow, Day of the Animals, Prom Night, Repossessed, Dracula: Dead and Loving It, Scary Movie 3, and even Stan Helsing. He also starred in a few TV series from "Thriller" to "Alfred Hitchcock Presents", and "Tales of Tomorrow". We bid a fond farewell. He will be missed.

Source: CJOB

Acting great Leslie Nieslen, best known for his work on the "Naked Gun" films, passed away due to complications of pneumonia, it is being reported this evening. He was 84.

Nielsen actually had a short wrestling-related series of appearances, spoofing his role as detective Frank Drebin from the Naked Gun film series in a number of vignettes that saw Nielsen searching to uncover the truth behind the disappearance of The Undertaker leading to Taker's Summerslam 1994 return against the impostor Undertaker portrayed by Brian Lee. The vignettes also served to plug the PPV's sponsor, Domino's Pizza, which was doing a campaign that featured the PPV logo and The Undertaker on their pizza boxes.

Our deepest condolences to Nielsen's family and friends. Truly a sad day for comedy
fans.

PWI

Remember the Vignettes :P

Big Evil
11-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Nielsen was a hilarious comic, a definite legend in his own right and someone who will be missed dearly. RIP Leslie, we'll miss you.