PDA

View Full Version : Christie: 'McKeith got what she wanted'

John
12-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Linford Christie has said that Gillian McKeith achieved what she wanted with her dramatic antics in the jungle.

The Olympic gold medal winner, who was eliminated from I'm A Celebrity last night, said that McKeith wanted to earn newspaper headlines during her stint on the show.

"She achieved what she wanted to achieve because we are talking about her now. She was the most talked about person for the first week or so but I just had to do my bit for the team, I wasn't worrying about how she performed," he told Daybreak.

"There were times when she didn't get us enough food to eat but I was always willing to step in and try my best for the team."

Christie singled out campmates Stacey Solomon and Kayla Collins for praise, claiming that the former X Factor finalist is his tip for victory.

"Stacey is a really nice, down to earth girl and totally underestimated," he said. "I think she will be the one to come out on top. I am this big strong lad and there were times when I felt down and Stacey was the person I went to and she consoled me.

"She's always happy and that's the good thing about her, being in there can be an emotional rollercoaster but Stacey was always there to cheer you up and to put you back on the right track."

Speaking about Collins, he added: "We got on really well, there's a certain feistiness about Kayla and she's very determined and I think she's got a good outside chance."

Source - Yahoo News & Entertainment.