PDA

View Full Version : Foley says he doesn't plan to re-sign with TNA

Travicity
12-01-2010, 10:36 PM
During an appearance on "Geek Week Live" on Tuesday, Mick Foley stated that he isn't planning on re-signing with TNA when his contract expires with the company next year.

"I love the idea of having a part-time job that pays well. TNA has been a real blessing in that sense. I would rather be motivated, but it's still nice in this economy to have a job like that. That will expire in eight or nine months. The chances of that relationship continuing are probably not that good. Once you have Hulk Hogan as the face of your company, there's no need for me. And one of the challenges they have on their show, and I understand completely, is there's only so much room for the non-wrestling talker every week, and I had a lot of time to do that for a year and a half."

Foley later went on to say that he expects part of his life to always be involved in wrestling and wouldn't be surprised to receive a call about the WWE Hall of Fame at some point. He also expressed disappointment with TNA not airing any footage of his appearance on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and Stewart's "Rally for Sanity."

"I've been beating myself up and it's frustrating because I can't seem to get the decision makers in TNA to realize that it is a big deal to show me in front of 250,000 fans at the Jon Stewart rally and to show the reaction of the crowd. What I'm getting when I ask these questions is a lot of what WCW was. With WWE, we knew that's who you talk to, and so it's very frustrating. I will eventually throw up my hands and just say, 'Okay, I'll walk to the mailbox every two weeks.'"

Foley added that he doesn't plan on wrestling more often as he gets hurt too easy and "it's not worth the extra tenth of a rating point."

WV

Smartmark
12-01-2010, 10:50 PM
:omg:

I don't wanna see him retire from wrestling yet.

WWE should bring him back for HOF and then maybe give him the role as a color commentator

Travicity
12-01-2010, 11:01 PM
But first ROH right SM :rolleyes:

Smartmark
12-01-2010, 11:18 PM
^^ Shifty:

I want Foley in HOF. Can't do that in ROH :shifty:

Silly englishmen :shifty:

mikedudelang
12-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I love ol' Mick but if he thinks him wrestling in the shape he's in now is worth an extra 100k viewers, he's high.

DUKE NUKEM
12-02-2010, 05:46 PM
foley should just bow his head and hang it up for good, i respect his history in wrestling but you need to know when to hang it up for good

Smartmark
12-02-2010, 10:55 PM
^^ Give him one last WM match first. His Wrestlemania moment!

W-OLF
12-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Anyone else catch the cryptic jabs at Hogan First Bret now Mick somehow they cant all be wrong .Dont blame canada blame Hogan .

Travicity
12-02-2010, 11:47 PM
You don't like WWE so why would you want him at Mania or in WWE?

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-03-2010, 05:33 AM
why should he have another Mania moment :eek:

Smartmark
12-03-2010, 01:49 PM
^^ Because he never had one really. Ok, the match against Edge at Mania 22 was great, but Foley really didn't have his moment. Cause that match was Edge's.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-03-2010, 03:53 PM
right so he wasn't relevant 5 years ago why should he be relevant now. The Edge match was supposed to be his swansong

Smartmark
12-03-2010, 06:02 PM
^^ If you think I'm bothered by your hate, you are wrong.

Foley should be in HOF, but I also think WWE owes him a WM moment.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-03-2010, 06:14 PM
ur blinded by ur love I ain't a hater I live in the present and he just ain't relevant in the present environment. He can't bleed or jump off cage so what will he do at Mania?

The ShowOff
12-03-2010, 06:41 PM
^^ If you think I'm bothered by your hate, you are wrong.

Foley should be in HOF, but I also think WWE owes him a WM moment.

What do you consider hate? Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are hating if so everyone here would be a hater as we all disagree at some point. Where I think Mick is a legend I don't see why he should really have much of a time left the Wrestlemania with Edge to me was his and Edges moment that was great and it made both shine in my opinion. Now I am also not saying I don't wanna see him at Wrestlemania cause if he was and it was like say 27 I'd like that but doubt he'd be there as I think his contract not sure maybe up after? Anyway HOF yes a big Wrestlemania Moment? No

Travicity
12-04-2010, 04:21 AM
Already been a commentator in WWE not sure what he'd do if he went back there...GENERAL MANAGER :omg: