PDA

View Full Version : Alan Fletcher: 'Neighbours grief is hard'

OMEN
12-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Neighbours veteran Alan Fletcher has admitted that acting out the death of a character can be "very draining".

The actor, who plays Dr Karl Kennedy in the Aussie soap, revealed that filming the scenes in the aftermath of Ringo Brown's death was hard on his Ramsay Street family.

Fletcher told Holy Soap: "It's very draining. The whole production becomes affected. Every character on the street becomes seriously affected by any death.

"A bit of gloom descends on the show and the set as a result because there's so much emotional work to do and you have to stay very focussed."

Speaking of Karl's grief following Ringo's demise, Fletcher said: "[Karl's sons] Mal and Billy have moved on to new lives and Karl related to Ringo like a son... To say he's gutted isn't strong enough a word."

The star, who is currently on a musical tour in the UK, also said that he misses Sam Clark, who portrayed Ringo.

"I miss him dearly," Fletcher explained. "I follow him on Twitter. He's running around the UK as am I, promoting his music and doing brilliantly all over the country.

"He's a fabulous young actor and it was always going to be sad that Sam was leaving the show."

DS