PDA

View Full Version : WWE Announcers Pushing for Jim Ross to Be Brought Back

Travicity
12-02-2010, 01:34 AM
Word from sources within WWE is that announcers Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler are pushing management to bring back WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross to the company's announce team. At last word, Cole and Lawler were pushing for J.R. to replace Matt Striker, who they are known to dislike, on pay-per-view broadcasts, but Vince McMahon and producer Kevin Dunn have been known to prefer youth (despite the fact that Lawler is three years older than J.R.), and they feel that the pay-per-view broadcast team should be limited to those who work WWE television shows.

WNS

The Mac
12-02-2010, 01:38 AM
i would actually rent wwe ppv's again if jr was announcing

mikedudelang
12-02-2010, 01:43 AM
If they REALLY wanna get rid of some dead weight, JR needs to replace Michael Cole.

Travicity
12-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Yes he was a big part and a good announcer sort of stale in 2009 but feels different without him.

Swinny
12-02-2010, 02:00 AM
They're never going to replace Michael Cole, nor should they, and people should except that. Yeah, he gets under your skin, but ya know... that's the whole damn point and it works. I would love to see JR back, but I don't think he should replace Michael Cole, or Matt Striker, I think Striker is great. If you're going to replace someone, switch things around and replace Todd Grisham or something, he really doesn't have a whole lot to offer.

JohnCenaFan28
12-02-2010, 06:16 AM
I love Michael Cole, don't replace him! (I used to hate him until he turned heel). Bring back JR when CM Punk goes back to the ring and have it a three man booth on RAW.

geno78
12-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Love to see him back

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-02-2010, 08:26 AM
i would actually rent wwe ppv's again if jr was announcing

the hell you would nobody buys PPVs for announcers

The Mac
12-02-2010, 08:48 AM
jr is a legend dude lol... idk if it was david arquette vs black reign if jr was announcing id watch every painful second of it

catchfan II
12-02-2010, 08:49 AM
WWE should listen to them. The banter between the three of them on the oldschool special was hilarious. Not only for that, but also simply because JR is the best announcer in the sport still.