PDA

View Full Version : A New Type of Cage Match to Replace Hell in a Cell?

Travicity
12-02-2010, 01:50 AM
According to Dave Meltzer, word going around is that the creative team was told to come up with a new idea for a "gimmicked" cage. It's believed that WWE feels the Hell in a Cell match has run its course and that a new type of match is needed to draw better PPV buyrates.

F4WOnline

WCW's Triple Cage! :P Or War Games :think:

Smartmark
12-02-2010, 01:52 AM
^^ I was thinking the same.

Bring back War Games!!

Metalitia
12-02-2010, 02:03 AM
I instantly thought or War Games as well.

Makes me laugh though, they feel something has run it's course, after they whored it out as much as they possibly could even giving it it's own PPV theme and having 2 of them in the same night?

You have to wonder sometimes eh?

Swinny
12-02-2010, 02:06 AM
I instantly thought or War Games as well.

Makes me laugh though, they feel something has run it's course, after they whored it out as much as they possibly could even giving it it's own PPV theme and having 2 of them in the same night?

You have to wonder sometimes eh?

And that's the whole problem.

If they would have done the Hell in a Cell match a lot less and only one select occasions, like it was originally attended as, instead of building a whole PPV around it, and throwing people in them whenever they feel like it, then it wouldn't have "run it's course". The WWE is just overloading on gimmick matches and it's unnecessary.

Kage
12-02-2010, 02:31 AM
It happened with the original steel cage match and now it's happening with Hell in a Cell. Oh well.

gguru
12-02-2010, 03:59 AM
I agree War Games!!! Been away long enough to be relevant again and definitely an inventive match.

Swinny
12-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Right now would actually be a perfect time to have a War Games match with Nexus and with them being against supposedly everyone on the Raw roster. Have Nexus vs. a team captained by John Cena in War Games, I think that'd work well.

Travicity
12-02-2010, 05:45 AM
Yea would be a good time but if it was to replace the PPV that's quite a while away.

Swinny
12-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Yea would be a good time but if it was to replace the PPV that's quite a while away.

Well, it wouldn't necessarily have to have it's own PPV, it could just be included in one.

Konan
12-02-2010, 07:21 AM
interesting to see .. and of course wwe have no concern with HIAC since pg ran .

geno78
12-02-2010, 07:57 AM
Sounds great anything new and exciting is great.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-02-2010, 08:30 AM
so they think HIAC has run its course? No it hasn't. HIAC was used to settle blood feuds in earlier times and gave us some memorable matches. Now we have Sheamus and Randy Orton in HIAC because its October!!!! What nonsense. The uniqueness and the great feuds leading into this match made it great but the entire theme thing has made almost every major gimmick match irrelevant. That said if they were to replace it I'd say they bring in a Triple Cage they might not bring in War Games because of the whole elimination thing unless they wanna change the Survivor Series dynamic

HAR
12-04-2010, 07:40 PM
I say bring War Games but keep the HIAC. The reason the ppv hasn't got decent buys is because it's PG & the cell matches must feature blood.

Travicity
12-04-2010, 08:48 PM
It would mean two rings unless they just have a Hell in a Cell with a 5 on 5.