PDA

View Full Version : MVP Released from WWE and Comments

The ShowOff
12-02-2010, 11:25 PM
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar MVP as of December 2, 2010. WWE wishes MVP the best in all future endeavors.

Well I'm sure TNA will pick MVP up when 90 days are up.

Smartmark
12-02-2010, 11:27 PM
No loss for WWE, and TNA should not hire him. ROH shouldn't either.

The ShowOff
12-02-2010, 11:29 PM
I don't know I mean he might could do something I mean to me WWE kinda dropped the ball with him I mean yes he couldn't get over but with the gimmick maybe he can do something who knows :/ I wasn't a fan of his by any means but he was alright better then half the people WWE has kept over the years.

wwe9112
12-02-2010, 11:35 PM
I liked him he was a decent wrester IMO.

Metalitia
12-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Ive never liked him from the off personally and just couldn't find anything in him I liked save for the odd decent german suplex.

He was one of their big name faces for Smackdown though, Mysterio, Kingston and Edge is pretty much it for the main faces now?

More air time for Kaval though perhaps?

Travicity
12-02-2010, 11:46 PM
^Yes Indeed Kaval more time indeed yes!!!

Swinny
12-03-2010, 12:45 AM
This actually does kind of surprise me. I know there weren't doing much with him, but I still didn't expect him to get released, not just yet.

Travicity
12-03-2010, 12:54 AM
As Dave Scherer noted, World Wrestling Entertainment today announced the release of former United States champion MVP, who had started to show some real fire in recent weeks with some great promos.

On his Twitter account, MVP stated that he asked for the release, citing that he wanted to "freshen things up" and work internationally. I am assuming he means Japan, as that's always been a goal of his.

In asking around, I was told this isn't much of a surprise among the wrestlers as MVP has been making noises about leaving for some time.

PWI

Kage
12-03-2010, 02:03 AM
Not surprising.

Travicity
12-03-2010, 02:25 AM
MVP, who was just released from WWE today, has posted the following on his official Twitter page regarding his release...

"No need for alarm. I did not get fired . I asked for & received my release. I felt it was time to go international & freshen things up."

WNS

ArJay
12-03-2010, 03:14 AM
I thought due to his criminal record he wasn't allowed in Japan? Much like Truth isn't allowed in Canada.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-03-2010, 05:38 AM
MVP > Kaval too bad WWE messed up with the entire face turn and all

Konan
12-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Wow thats is a shock. I sort of knew that he was unhappy after her lost his push after turning face. He had a decent run leading up until he was drafted to Raw and while there he was underused as a face. We he was a heel he had great mic skills and his character was brilliant but since he turn he was just floundering around the mid card division for a couple of months. I guess he wasn't happy being a face anymore and asked the creative team to turn him heel again and they didn't want to.

ArJay
12-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Wow thats is a shock. I sort of knew that he was unhappy after her lost his push after turning face. He had a decent run leading up until he was drafted to Raw and while there he was underused as a face. We he was a heel he had great mic skills and his character was brilliant but since he turn he was just floundering around the mid card division for a couple of months. I guess he wasn't happy being a face anymore and asked the creative team to turn him heel again and they didn't want to.

From what I read they didn't want too for good reason. During his latest face run they made his criminal past more apparent, where as they tried to hide it before. (Having his tattoos covered up with his power ranger suit just to name one example) Having him as a heel with a criminal past doesn't look good. Same reason you'll never see an R-Truth heel turn.

Konan
12-03-2010, 07:03 PM
He wants to go to Japan and wrestle.LOL

mikedudelang
12-04-2010, 01:24 AM
I always liked him decent enough. He's someone I'd like to see in TNA where he wouldn't be as constricted. The WWE is just so damned vanilla these days, I would think it'd be hard for a guy like MVP to get over as well as he could with a company with fewer promo constraints.

JohnCenaFan28
12-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Don't care, that just means more time on SmackDown! for "Dashing" Cody Rhodes. He used to be amazing when he was a heel on SmackDown! then they started to turn him face with a losing streak then he moved to RAW where he got an amazing pop and had an awesome match with Orton then well, he was on RAW which means he got buried and forgotten then he moved back to SmackDown! where they tried to salvage him but RAW's damage was too much and then this happened.

JohnCenaFan28
12-04-2010, 11:33 AM
From what I read they didn't want too for good reason. During his latest face run they made his criminal past more apparent, where as they tried to hide it before. (Having his tattoos covered up with his power ranger suit just to name one example) Having him as a heel with a criminal past doesn't look good. Same reason you'll never see an R-Truth heel turn.

I want to see R-Lie :(

scorpionf
12-04-2010, 12:51 PM
I know they weren't really using him that much, but I wasn't expecting WWE to actually let MVP out of his contract though! We'll see if he actually goes to Japan or heads straight to TNA once his 90 days are up...

Punisher
12-06-2010, 06:30 PM
He just became so boring once they turned him face. He was so much better has a heel at least more entertaining on the mic as a heel.