PDA

View Full Version : New Details and Update on Samoa Joe's TNA Status

Travicity
12-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Former TNA champion Samoa Joe's TNA contract has expired,We have confirmed with multiple sources.

The word making the rounds is that Joe will be working tonight's Final Resolution PPV and this week's Impact tapings as he and the company negotiate the terms of a new deal.

Joe has been with TNA since 2005.

PWI

Joe to WWE or ROH or TNA Again.

Swinny
12-06-2010, 01:56 AM
Joe to WWE or ROH or TNA Again.

Well... duh, lol. There aren't a lot of other options... unless he planned on acting or something.

Anyway... I expect they'll probably negotiate a new deal and he'll stick around.

Travicity
12-06-2010, 02:03 AM
:P I know yea wouldnt fit in WWE Prolly and back to ROH is a step back so see where TNA Takes him.

Konan
12-06-2010, 07:27 AM
Nope he will renewal his deal to tna.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-06-2010, 08:08 AM
bye bye fatso

Travicity
12-06-2010, 02:43 PM
He's negotiating with TNA right now and you like big musce ehads with no talent so this fatso is a keepso.

DUKE NUKEM
12-06-2010, 03:45 PM
^ lol, i hope joe stays which all of us know he will

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-06-2010, 04:53 PM
yeah fatso with zero charisma who thinks too highly of him no use keeping him

Travicity
12-06-2010, 10:22 PM
^ But i'd prefer fat and talent instead of Grey and Muscle :)

---

As reported last night, Samoa Joe's contract with TNA has expired. Word is that he signed a contract before last night's Final Resolution pay-per-view.

It is unclear right now whether it is a short-term deal or something longer.

He is scheduled to work this week's tapings.

WO

Smartmark
12-06-2010, 11:05 PM
I would love to see him back in ROH, but I think it's very unlikely.

Thanx for posting Travis!

Metalitia
12-07-2010, 03:16 AM
I hope he'll use the contract talks to his advantage and make them use him a hell of a lot better!

Swinny
12-07-2010, 03:42 AM
Well... after the disgusting debacle that was him tapping to Jeff Jarrett, maybe he won't end up resigning... or maybe he shouldn't. He's not being used well... at all.

Smartmark
12-07-2010, 03:47 AM
^^ I agree!

Come back to ROH Joe!

Vick Diesel
12-07-2010, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the post Travis...I have a feelin Joe will die wrestlin for TNA!! LOL

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-07-2010, 05:15 AM
maybe him tapping was to get rid of him because he can't draw a dime

mikedudelang
12-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Joe is great in the ring, does a decent interview and is over with the fans but I really wish he'd get himself in better physical shape. I mean, I don't think he needs to look like friggin' Randy Orton and be cut to shreds, but the dude could sell his gimmick so much more effectively if he looked a bit healthier. Just my two cents worth.

The Mac
12-07-2010, 07:57 AM
i remember seeing joe fighting at a half time show at a edmonton football game just a few years ago... i dont watch tna but i want him to come to wwe lol... no use watching a show for one person

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-07-2010, 08:28 AM
WWE will never have him lol unless they need a new Big Dick Johnson :shifty2:

Vick Diesel
12-08-2010, 01:07 AM

Now that was harsh...lol

Smartmark
12-08-2010, 01:40 AM

Why do you put down all good wrestlers? :eek:

Travicity
12-08-2010, 01:46 AM
Joe is amazing TNA Ruined him imo in 2005 he was the best in the world if he was a heel and done right it could be great. Shouldnt be about the weight as he's pretty much an all rounder and like a bigger version of AJ/Daniels.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-08-2010, 05:39 AM
Why do you put down all good wrestlers? :eek:

You think Foley's a good wrestler :P

Joe might be good in the ring but he's never drawn a penny and for TNA especially it should be more about money than anything else

A Blissful Ass
12-08-2010, 06:07 AM
yeah fatso with zero charisma who thinks too highly of him no use keeping him

You think Foley's a good wrestler :P

Joe might be good in the ring but he's never drawn a penny and for TNA especially it should be more about money than anything else

Gunner do us all a favor if you got nothing good to say in the TNA section please don't post in here,Anyway it's not always about money it's if you can wrestle so what if he can draw or not at least he's a good wrestler i hope he re-signs with TNA but that shit With Jarrett is just stupid come on Joe Tapping to Jarrett really?

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Gunner do us all a favor if you got nothing good to say in the TNA section please don't post in here,Anyway it's not always about money it's if you can wrestle so what if he can draw or not at least he's a good wrestler i hope he re-signs with TNA but that shit With Jarrett is just stupid come on Joe Tapping to Jarrett really?

Really? They're bleeding millions of dollars ever year and they should continue to do so you mean. Some fan you are wanting them to go out of business

Smartmark
12-08-2010, 07:22 AM
^^ I agree with Mat. Joe is a great wrestler, and probably on top 20 in the world right now. TNA have enough people who draws money for them. They need people who can wrestle as well. Cause after all, we are talking about wrestling here.

I never said Foley is a great wrestler. That's not why I like him Gunner.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-08-2010, 08:23 AM
if TNA were drawing they would be in as much loss as they're in

A Blissful Ass
12-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Really? They're bleeding millions of dollars ever year and they should continue to do so you mean. Some fan you are wanting them to go out of business

Don't miss quote me please does the Name plate on Samoa Joe say TNA President Dixie Carter or TNA Official no it doesn't so it shouldn't be up to the Wrestlers to make the shit happen it's up to the Damn TNA Management to make em Marketable but they are Failing to do so,Instead you get washed up useless wrestlers like Jeff Hardy & Hogan & yes i know he doesn't wrestle anymore but hes a waste of space for TNA when they should be using people like Joe.

Smartmark
12-08-2010, 08:29 AM
^^ Allthough I agree with most you say, I don't agree on Jeff Hardy being washed up.
When that is said. I don't like him as much in TNA as I did in WWE for some reason.

A Blissful Ass
12-08-2010, 09:03 AM
^probably because he's become sloppy SM face it all the drugs & Alcohol he's been taking has made him sloppy

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Hardy's drawing money (the only one there) and Hogan is not on TV every week so yeah. Also, TNA has to market them but it all comes down to what you consider marketable. Do you think Joe is marketable? Hell no, he's fat, overweight and is a bad promo. Your charisma gets you over not the ring work that's the sad truth of the business. Also, if wrestlers can't make shit happen who can? Jeff Hardy, FOley all got themselves over Foley never looked like a superstar but the stuff that he did got over you don't see that with Joe

Smartmark
12-08-2010, 09:35 AM
At the time a wrestling promotion doesn't get money because of wrestling, they should think of doing something else.

Joe might be a bit heavy, but he does stuff in the ring that most wrestlers in TNA and WWE only could dream of.

As for Foley, he doesn't look like a superstar? :eek: How does a superstar looks like then Gunner?

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Wrestling alone stopped selling back in the 80s it's storylines that sell. Also the last rasslin' fans left once WCW died.

As for Foley he doesn't look like a star. People who do are Cena, Orton, Sting, Taker, Austin, HHH, Rock etc.

If you think they're all big here's the smaller guys.....

Rey Jr., Jericho, Juvi, Psicosis etc.

Fat Guys: Dusty Rhodes, Vader,Big Show

It's a thing that ur either born with or not and yeah as you can see I don't like big jacked up wrestlers alone

Smartmark
12-08-2010, 10:00 PM
^^ And nothing you say makes sense at all

Metalitia
12-08-2010, 11:53 PM
How can you expect Joe to draw when he's used so piss poorly?

If they give him the time and put the effort in to him then he will draw well enough.

It'd be easy to do.

Have him "snap" so to speak. Be that one guy like Austin was back a few years ago. He's not a heel but he's not playing along with the faces either. He's his own man and he's there to dominate for himself.

Let him pull off some intense moves and have him going on a winning streak.

With this current Immortal storyline it's what's needed. Joes just defeating everyone in his path and is one of if not the hottest thing in wrestling, but Bischoff and Hogan won't give him a shot at the title.

Eventually at a big PPV such as Slamiversary he gets his shot and he gets the title, on merit and with a big following too.

That'd work and he'd sell merch off the back of it too.

Kage
12-09-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote of the year perhaps.

A Blissful Ass
12-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Wrestling alone stopped selling back in the 80s it's storylines that sell. Also the last rasslin' fans left once WCW died.

If you think they're all big here's the smaller guys.....

Rey Jr., Jericho, Juvi, Psicosis etc.

Are you calling Jericho a small guy or a small time Wrestler if your calling him a small time Wrestler your off your rocker
The part about WCW may be true well sort of but when ROH & TNA Came around the Rasslin' fans tuned back in

Smartmark
12-09-2010, 02:19 AM
^^ You are right. That's why I watch TNA and ROH

A Blissful Ass
12-09-2010, 02:52 AM
Also WCW wasn't the only Company back then there was WWF & all the others

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-09-2010, 04:58 AM

You're so fucking stupid I don't expect you to understand go watch those Indy jobber juice themselves cause they'll never be superstars hence you don't know what a superstar looks like.

How can you expect Joe to draw when he's used so piss poorly?

If they give him the time and put the effort in to him then he will draw well enough.

It'd be easy to do.

Have him "snap" so to speak. Be that one guy like Austin was back a few years ago. He's not a heel but he's not playing along with the faces either. He's his own man and he's there to dominate for himself.

Let him pull off some intense moves and have him going on a winning streak.

With this current Immortal storyline it's what's needed. Joes just defeating everyone in his path and is one of if not the hottest thing in wrestling, but Bischoff and Hogan won't give him a shot at the title.

Eventually at a big PPV such as Slamiversary he gets his shot and he gets the title, on merit and with a big following too.

That'd work and he'd sell merch off the back of it too.

Maybe, but they did give him the unbeaten streak when he came in and that didn't work.

Are you calling Jericho a small guy or a small time Wrestler if your calling him a small time Wrestler your off your rocker
The part about WCW may be true well sort of but when ROH & TNA Came around the Rasslin' fans tuned back in

Some of the fans might have but let's face it if they'd have come back wrestling shows would have been doing the ratings they were doing back in the Monday Night Wars Era. RoH is nowhere near as big as ECW was and TNA is nowhere near as big as WCW was. And when I say small I mean by their size :P

Also WCW wasn't the only Company back then there was WWF & all the others

There were but WCW was more rasslin' oriented so to say

A Blissful Ass
12-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Some of the fans might have but let's face it if they'd have come back wrestling shows would have been doing the ratings they were doing back in the Monday Night Wars Era. RoH is nowhere near as big as ECW was and TNA is nowhere near as big as WCW was. And when I say small I mean by their size :P
There were but WCW was more rasslin' oriented so to say

It was in the Way but it wasn't(WCW) you had the nWo taking all the TV time up squashing all the other wrestlers,The Cruiserweight Title made to look like a joke in the last years,you had a guy mock a Announcer from WWE & you had an actor win thw World title WCW did have it's down fall just like TNA & me saying this i loved WCW,But the point is it made mistakes just like TNA is doing now & i hate how everyone calls TNA=WCW 2010 it's TNA 2010 a company that needs to be re-branded.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-10-2010, 06:03 AM
WCW made some mistakes towards the end yes and see where that got them. Why are TNA doing the same things nobody knows

Smartmark
12-10-2010, 06:25 AM
You're so fucking stupid I don't expect you to understand go watch those Indy jobber juice themselves cause they'll never be superstars hence you don't know what a superstar looks like.

So I don't know what I'm talking about now huh?

I guess you're right. I've just watched every major promotion and the biggest indies for like 10 years.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-10-2010, 06:30 AM
yeah and you still don't know the look is an important part in getting a guy over especially in the major companies.

You've been watching for 10 years I've been for 16 so yeah

A Blissful Ass
12-10-2010, 08:20 AM
WCW made some mistakes towards the end yes and see where that got them. Why are TNA doing the same things nobody knows

Got a point but it's their fault not anyone else's to worrie about except Dixies