PDA

View Full Version : Rita Simons wants 'EastEnders' love plot

OMEN
12-07-2010, 12:46 AM
EastEnders star Rita Simons has revealed that she wants a new love interest for her character Roxy Mitchell.

The actress's feisty alter ego split from local GP Al Jenkins (Adam Croasdell) back in February, leaving her facing the single life.

Speaking to Celebs On Sunday about Roxy's romance storylines, Simons commented: "She's supposed to be the slapper of the Square - but hardly. Okay, she slept with Jack Branning once, was married to Sean and had a thing with Dr Al for about five minutes.

"But she hasn't had a bit of stuff for ages, so I think she's due some romance. Not that there's anyone on the Square she fancies. We need some new blood.

"I've heard that a hot young man is on his way. I don't know if he'll be for Roxy, but let's hope she can get her claws into him. She wants nothing more than a ring on her finger and to settle down, but she's a loose cannon, so I don't think she's going to get that anytime soon."

Simons recently said that she had heard "rumours" of a new relationship for Roxy.

DS