PDA

View Full Version : Knightley 'considered acting retirement'

OMEN
12-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Keira Knightley has revealed that she once seriously considered retiring from acting.

Knightley told British Vogue that she had become unsatisfied with acting at the age of 22 and gave thought to abandoning her career.

"I wasn't enjoying what I was doing and I felt terribly guilty about that," she said. "I remember hating the idea that I was in a privileged position and couldn't see the point of any of it… I had worked solidly since I was 16, till 22, and I had not been on holiday in all of that time."

The actress further explained that she was drawn back to the profession by the chance to work with friend Carey Mulligan on the film Never Let Me Go.

She noted: "I didn't know if I was going to go back to acting at all… I think for a long time I thought I wouldn't. I think I intended not to work again... Carey's a very good friend of mine and I felt if I was to start making films again, she was someone who would watch my back."

It was previously reported that Knightley may be planning to star in a big screen adaption of Anna Karenina.

DS