PDA

View Full Version : Matt Cardle crowned X Factor winner

John
12-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Former painter and decorator Matt Cardle is adjusting to life as a pop star after being crowned the winner of this year's X Factor.

The 27-year-old triumphed over fellow finalist Liverpudlian Rebecca Ferguson in a closely-fought contest to take the 2010 title of ITV's hugely popular show.

Cardle, from Colchester, Essex, appeared overwhelmed as his name was called out by host Dermot O'Leary.

He said: "I just want to say thanks so much from bottom of my heart and congratulations to everyone who got to this stage because I'm so proud, everybody should be so proud.

"There's not enough time to thank everyone, thanks to all the judges and especially Dannii (Minogue)."

Earlier in the show, five-piece boy band One Direction were named as the third place runners up.

Ferguson appeared graceful in defeat, declaring: "I'm so grateful, Matt is amazing, I'm happy I got this far."

After performing his winner's single When We Collide, he joked: "I hope next time I sing it, I sing it a little bit better than that."

Cardle won high praise from all four judges for his strong performances and "sensational" vocals throughout the competition.

Dressed in neon yellow trousers and a brown shirt, he sang first during the final show initially taking on Katy Perry's hit Firework. Following his second performance of the winner's single, Cheryl Cole said: "You sung that from the depths of your heart."

Source - Yahoo News.

Metalitia
12-13-2010, 01:55 PM
EDIT:

Got the weeks confused.

Hopefully he'll disapear into obscurity like that fella who won it last year :)