PDA

View Full Version : TNA to Introduce a New Championship?

Travicity
12-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Jeremy Borash posted the following via his Twitter:TNA

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/4498/tnaustitlehinton1.png

GNET

Aw I would of liked a Hardcore title :(

The Mac
12-14-2010, 11:28 PM
so they have a us title?

JohnCenaFan28
12-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Is this in addition to the TV title or is that being erased? I <3 TNA, they're so dumb.

Travicity
12-14-2010, 11:34 PM
Could of kept the Global lol unless they changing it into Hardcore. But US seems weird.

Smartmark
12-14-2010, 11:35 PM
That's a fine title really. But Why a US title? Don't TNA have enough mid-card titles? :eek:

Swinny
12-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Great, more titles that are never defended and barely mentioned, that's what TNA needs.

The Mac
12-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Great, more titles that are never defended and barely mentioned, that's what TNA needs.

:lmao:

ArJay
12-15-2010, 12:01 AM

Exactly. If this title is replacing the TV title then I'm ok with it, as it's a pretty decent looking belt. But if they're ADDING yet another championship? No, just....no.

Smartmark
12-15-2010, 12:19 AM
On the other hand, WWE have 6 titles, so why can't TNA have 7?

WWE used to have 8 titles, before the Divas/Womens Titles got unfiied and the Tag titles got unified.

The biggest problem with having so many titles is that they barely get defended. Same problem in WWE and TNA really.

ROH should have more titles, as they only have 3 :(

Travicity
12-15-2010, 12:20 AM
ROH Shouldnt have more 3 is fine. More titles mean the titles mean less.

Smartmark
12-15-2010, 12:23 AM
^^ You know I am a big ROH fan. Probably the biggest on this forum, but it's kinda boring that the titles almost never change hands.

Put in a mid-card title that can change hands more often.

Same with WWE and TNA. The mid-card titles is ladders up to the big ones.

Swinny
12-15-2010, 12:24 AM

WWE used to have 8 titles, before the Divas/Womens Titles got unfiied and the Tag titles got unified.

The biggest problem with having so many titles is that they barely get defended. Same problem in WWE and TNA really.

WWE also has two brands and more talent. With only two titles on each brand and two others that can be defended on either brand, it works. But TNA has as many titles, more if this one is a brand new championship, with half the time, less really if you count the other WWE programming, to defend them and build them up and such.

Smartmark
12-15-2010, 12:26 AM
^^ I get you. I always thought TNA should have a second brand. WWE does not have so many more "talents" than TNA to be honest

Travicity
12-15-2010, 12:27 AM
Yea because the titles are elite and that's what ROH is best at it's good they don't swap every week should stay 3 and rare I love yearly reigns and sometimes monthly but not in ROH.

The ShowOff
12-15-2010, 12:33 AM
Hopefully the TV Title goes away as this damn thing looks sweet. :O i love it not gonna lie I do.

Swinny
12-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Hopefully the TV Title goes away as this damn thing looks sweet. :O i love it not gonna lie I do.

Yeah, it is a good looking title and I wouldn't be completely opposed to it replacing the TV Title... although I think they should actually stick with a name for that title. First the Legends, then the Global, then the TV. Also, with Doug Williams having the title it wouldn't make much sense storyline wise to change it, not yet at least, unless he really wants to get over with the American crowd, lol.

JohnCenaFan28
12-15-2010, 01:15 AM

Because back then WWE had 3 shows, and TNA has only one they care about.

mikedudelang
12-15-2010, 01:38 AM
I like the addition of another title. It adds another possibility for storylines. Plus, it's a cool looking belt.

ArJay
12-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Ah nevermind about 5 people beat me to it haha.

Vick Diesel
12-15-2010, 02:05 AM
I love the idea of having another title...WCW/NWA had World, US, Tag, TV, and like someone has already mentioned WWE has 6, I honestly don't see what the big deal is about TNA having another Title...the US title looks a lot better than that World Title that Hardy made! Just sayin

Metalitia
12-15-2010, 02:09 AM
TNA World Heavyweight Title
TNA X Division Title
TNA World Tag Team Titles
TNA Knockouts Title

4 titles and that's all they need really.

A title for the women, the X Division should be the equivalent to what the IC title used to be in the then WWF.

The TV title currently isn't worth a damn, it just looks good for whoevers holding it.

I'm not a fan of US titles really, same with European ones. The minute a non American or European gets it then it becomes pretty futile in name at least.

If this is a completely new championship then it's a very strange and frankly stupid decision to make.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-15-2010, 05:40 AM
Okay first and foremost I think they can have 2 Midcard titles provided they have some more talent. WCW has the US and TV so yeah.

Now the logic (which I doubt TNA have but nonetheless) behind this according to me is..

The X-Division is a Cruiserwweight/Lower Midcard title
The TV title will be defended on most iMPACT! shows because the TV title was originally created so that people can enjoy a good midcard title match on every show. Also when it changes hands it will be a surprise and let's face it titles don't change hands on TV anymore so yeah.

Now what I'm wondering is can they use the US Title name?

In the end it could just be a PS thing that JB liked and posted :shifty:

Travicity
12-16-2010, 03:58 AM
Can't have a US and TV :P. Would be pointless tbh.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-16-2010, 06:00 AM
not if you use the system I put there wcw had mega success with it no reason why TNA can't

Travicity
12-16-2010, 06:07 AM
Well yes if they were a much bigger company and with more money and more shows and that would mean more wrestlers and that title would work.

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-16-2010, 06:13 AM
yeah that too need a bigger roster for that although it could be used on Xplosion too you know

Black Widow
12-16-2010, 12:50 PM
TNA.. dont you already realise WWE have a united states championship, why not do something different instead of being mini WWE for once.. TNA hardly uses everyone so whats the point of a new title, give it to someone and we dont see them for months aka hamada as champ but nah they fired her she was awesome and they fired her while she was champion smart move TNA make a champion look shit

Kenpachi Zaraki
12-16-2010, 01:22 PM
^^ she wanted her release

Brandon
12-17-2010, 06:10 AM
I don't watch TNA, but I must admit, that title looks f***ing amazing.

mikedudelang
12-17-2010, 07:54 AM
I think the TV Title and U.S. Title can both work. I mean, TNA currently has an in-ring roster of like 34 guys and 9 Knockouts. In theory, you'd have roughly 4 or 5 guys going at it at any given time for each title, for example:

Heavyweight Title
Jeff Hardy
Matt Morgan
Mr. Anderson
Rob Van Dam
Abyss

U.S. Title
AJ Styles
DeAngelo Dinero
Kurt Angle
Samoa Joe
Rob Terry

TV Title
AJ Styles
Orlando Jordan
Desmond Wolfe
Kazarian
Douglas Williams

X-Division
Jay Lethal
Amazing Red
Robbie E
Eric Young
Brian Kendrick

Tag Titles
MMG
Beer Money
Team 3-D (you know they'll reform at some point)
Gen. Me
London Brawling
Ink Inc.

It ain't ideal and it would be a lot easier with 4 or 5 more guys to choose from (along with another hour of programming each week to work with) but it can still be done.

Konan
12-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Absolutely no need for this. Either strengthen the X-division belt or nothing. No need to try to build another belt while the TV belt has been trash this year.